Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Warning. Binfest alert!

Get ready.......

qualcomm.jpg

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
My point is if you gave Benitez or Wenger another say £30 000 000 each for transfers, they would use it to buy players they were keen on and would probably comfortably surpass Man. Utd.

It would appear Man. Utd. have just scraped the title, having spent absolute fortunes on transfers

I agree with the above point about Robbie Keane, and would concede Ferguson rarely buys a plum, but that is after how many years of experience of being able to afford more or less who he likes?

I think your point applies to Arsenal, but not to Liverpool, who have a vast amount of money. Them and Chelsea are the two who can compete with United.

As I argued on a thread a couple of months ago. Manchester United's success and financial clout has been based on a terriffic youth system. Chelsea, and to a degree Liverpool have had money placed in their laps. I'm not saying they haven't had a helping hand either, but there is a reason why they are able to spend more money.

As you say Ferguson very rarely buys a plum, and when he sees a player he thinks will improve his team, he asks for the money to get them.

I hope to be alive the day we can say that about the Albion!!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
just a gernal fight amounst fellow posters. Normaly ends up of the BNP threads put there is quite a civil discution going on.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
can i ask ..what exactly is binfest ???

An argument on an internet messageboard that soon spirals out of control with everyone getting involved, and in the end no-one really knows what the argument was about:bowdown:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
An argument on an internet messageboard that soon spirals out of control with everyone getting involved, and in the end no-one really knows what the argument was about:bowdown:

i get it, i remember the other night you were calling me this and telling me to piss in me face, think i took it bit to heart but didnt realise what it was all about ..oops:blush:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I think your point applies to Arsenal, but not to Liverpool, who have a vast amount of money. Them and Chelsea are the two who can compete with United.

As I argued on a thread a couple of months ago. Manchester United's success and financial clout has been based on a terriffic youth system. Chelsea, and to a degree Liverpool have had money placed in their laps. I'm not saying they haven't had a helping hand either, but there is a reason why they are able to spend more money.

As you say Ferguson very rarely buys a plum, and when he sees a player he thinks will improve his team, he asks for the money to get them.

I hope to be alive the day we can say that about the Albion!!

I don't agree about Liverpool. Take out Gerrard and Torres and there really isn't much else there. Perhaps they thought splashing £20M on Keane was the final cog in the machine, but were proved wrong...

Regarding Man. Utd's youth setup, how many have featured this season? Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Berbatov, Park to name a few were all bought and contributed a fair few goals to the tally...

I too can't wait for Falmer to open and with a bit more money coming in, we will see better players and most important, better football :afro:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Liverpool's signing of Robbie Keane re-inforces your point.

That wass their only big money signing this season that i can think of, in actual fact it looks like they are giving the money to make 1 big signing a season, last year it was Torres.

Compare that with Man Utd who spend a massive amount of money, usually on relatively unknown players, like last year they signed Nani & Anderson for a combined amount of more than £30m, they probably signed others aswell like Vidic.

This season they spent £30m on Berbatov.

In actuall fact i think they probably spend more on players than any other team every year since 2 years before it was called the Premiership, except for Chelsea for the 3 or so first years that Abramovic took over.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I don't agree about Liverpool. Take out Gerrard and Torres and there really isn't much else there. Perhaps they thought splashing £20M on Keane was the final cog in the machine, but were proved wrong...

Be fair man, credit where credit's due : David Ngog!? :lolol:

Seriously though, there is more to Liverpool than Torres and Gerrard. Alonso and Mascherano are sensational players and I think Aurelio and Benayoun have come on leaps and bounds this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, I live in hope of some United tears and a Fergie tantrum after the Barca game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well they evidently deserved to win it (yet again), but I think the premiershite is a predictable joke these days. Money doesn't buy anybody success on it's own, but it makes one hell of a difference when it comes to attracting & keeping talent. I hope the whole dreadful cash cow goes tits-up eventually, but the monstrous bandwagon just seems to go from strength-to-strength - whilst the smaller clubs struggle to stay afloat. Funny, that.. :annoyed:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh get over yourselves, this thread makes me sick.

True football fans don't like seeing Manchester United steamroller everything in their path, making the game dull as shit in this country.

Chelsea need to find a new Mourinho, Liverpool need to splash a few quid on the right players and Arsenal need to sort their lives out.

Perhaps even Man City could start spending to compete next season too.

I HATE Manchester United and I wish them failure in every single game they play.

This title is sickening.

If they win the Champions League final too then I really despair for the future of the game

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm a true football fan, and I'm not opposed to the best team in the country winning the league title... Ok, they've bought the title with the money they've invested, but football is about the club as much as it is about the team, and the club have the resources to invest the money into the team, so they have and they get the results, that's football. Anyone who objects to that either doesn't grasp football as a concept, or they're just a little bit ignorant/jealous.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I Agree, As much as I hate them I admire them also afterall they are the best club representing our country at the moment.

Back tracking a bit there buddy?

I lived with Liverpool lording it throughout the 70's and 80's and I'm delighted to see a team that has played such amazing football go level on 18 championships with them. Now we just need to get the Liverpool mafia off our tellies and all will be good.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Back tracking a bit there buddy?

I lived with Liverpool lording it throughout the 70's and 80's and I'm delighted to see a team that has played such amazing football go level on 18 championships with them. Now we just need to get the Liverpool mafia off our tellies and all will be good.

No, I Never said that they did not deserve it I just meant that being happy that Man Ure have won is not normal for a supporter of another team as he seemed to be
I Don't Begrudge them the title they have been the best side all season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports