Those Man Ure Swines.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't disagree with any of that. It pisses me off in particular that 4th place gets you in a league of 'Champions'.

What I do think is wrong is the way Man United are labelled as the culprits, when in reality they have simply taken advantage of what they've been allowed to do better than anyone else.

Football's reliance on money is wrong, but I have no idea how you could stop it and make things continue to work. Whoever solves that problem is some sort of genius.

Allowed to do ? They and a number of clubs lobbied for this system in the first place.

It's not something they went along with. They created it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Didnt United win their second European Cup as non champions of England ???

Don't know, but it's still not right to label the thing "The Champions League" when non-champions can qualify for it.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Allowed to do ? They and a number of clubs lobbied for this system in the first place.

It's not something they went along with. They created it.

*Awaits Withdean Wanderer trying to wrangle himself out and claim it was part of a good bussiness plan and something they 'went along with' :lolol:*

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
*Awaits Withdean Wanderer trying to wrangle himself out and claim it was part of a good bussiness plan and something they 'went along with' :lolol:*

I can't really judge as I was 4 at the time, but I imagine that if there was that much opposition to the Premiership in 1992 when it begun, then it wouldn't have been created in the first place....

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
English teams in Europe is something I take real pride in. A tear to my eye, if an English team wins, you know the score. But what I will say is if a small club like Fulham are representing England in the first ever Europa League ahead of Big Clubs like Spurs & West Ham, it would simply be a disgrace.

Liven up Conboy, the Premiership is the best league in the world.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
You take pride in English teams when your avatar is a Northern Ireland badge :jester::thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
if a small club like Fulham are representing England in the first ever Europa League ahead of Big Clubs like Spurs & West Ham, it would simply be a disgrace.

Liven up Conboy, the Premiership is the best league in the world.

The first part's bollocks and the second part contradicts it. If it's the best league in the world, how can a team which finishes above 'big' clubs in that same league after 38 games represent a 'disgrace'? If you finish in the qualification spots, you get in. End of.

What next? West Ham, for example, relegated (as has happened in the recent past) but put into the Europa League because they're 'bigger' than everybody who finished 5th, 6th, 7th?

Christ.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Fulham have had a remarkable season and deserve everything they have earnt imo.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The first part's bollocks and the second part contradicts it. If it's the best league in the world, how can a team which finishes above 'big' clubs in that same league after 38 games represent a 'disgrace'? If you finish in the qualification spots, you get in. End of.

What next? West Ham, for example, relegated (as has happened in the recent past) but put into the Europa League because they're 'bigger' than everybody who finished 5th, 6th, 7th?

Christ.

Na na na na na NOW! I shall not be moved, shallnt be moved, I shall not be moved. :thumbsup:

Nah - good point mate, I'm really sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports