Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trialists mk2

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
id have harding back like a shot.

papa and I have had some interesting discussions about his ability, but I think he will be a better player that the one who left.

Good squad member

I'd happily have him back... he'll be more than adequate at League 1 level.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have enough CB's already, Virgo, Elphick, Tunnicliffe, Hawkins (I know he's a bit shit) El Abd. The only way Lynch was gonna stay was if McNulty wasn't fit and we didn't have another left back in at the start of the season.

Don't agree, Slade was not impressed with the centre backs last season (when Dicker signed on loan he said we couldn't defend) and he also said Lynch was a good player so think Lynch is high up the list of possible centre backs. A Tunnicliffe Lynch partnership is not beyond possible

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Desperate Dan is back

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
With Ricketts on trial where does that leave the Dickinson deal? How many forwards do we need?? Or has the Murray situation taken a turn for the worse i.e. a big bid has come in. Oh the rumours

If we had a foursome of Forster, Murray, Dickinson and Ricketts (on a small amount of wages) then I'd be very happy. Maybe get Barndoor out on loan to increase his confidence for a month

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The only way Lynch is going to stay is if Forest or another club don't meet our valuation of him.
Harding would be a good signing, Rickets would be a bad signing, don't know anything about the other guy but we could do with another body or two in midfield.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Spiller, as in Danny Spiller the ex-Pikey midfielder?

Out of interest, why did you edit that from Walsall? So you got it wrong, no big deal.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If we had a foursome of Forster, Murray, Dickinson and Ricketts (on a small amount of wages) then I'd be very happy. Maybe get Barndoor out on loan to increase his confidence for a month

How about starting to increase his confidence by not calling him that...?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn't Harding still have a property in Brighton ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
very underwhelmed with these 3, Ricketts has looked toilet when down here playing for Leeds/Walsall.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be honest, these three seem a better quality of trialist than we are used to. I know everyone likes to laugh at Ricketts but we lack a striker with physical presence and he certainly has that. Got 9 goals for Walsall last season so surely worth a look as backup for Forster, Murray (hopefully), Dickinson (hopefully). It provides options if we are trailing late on and need to try something different.

As for Dan Harding, he was not as bad as everyone said he was (although at Leeds he was hopeless and it was quite funny). He played well for Southend against us last season and Reading took him on loan in the latter half of the season so he can't be that bad. Could be good back up for McNulty and can play in midfield too.

Don't know much about Spiller but it sounds like he has had a few injuries and needs to get back to form but could certainly be worth a look. Overall, I would say they sound better than the general bunch of unheard of players we get on trial.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Don't agree, Slade was not impressed with the centre backs last season (when Dicker signed on loan he said we couldn't defend) and he also said Lynch was a good player so think Lynch is high up the list of possible centre backs. A Tunnicliffe Lynch partnership is not beyond possible

I've heard that Lynch and Tunnicliffe are the two impressing RS currently and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are our starting CB's come the beginning of the season.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
very underwhelmed with these 3, Ricketts has looked toilet when down here playing for Leeds/Walsall.

They're only on trial though. The whole point of a trial is that its debatable as to whether they are upto scratch.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If we learned nothing else last season, we established that going back is not the way to go forwards. Harding may be a decent player but not sure we should get him back at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here