Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Deserving of more caps, or have they got great RB’s just now?

4EB01CA7-CD0A-4405-BEE7-EEA02348D127.png

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Needs a song. Fantastic consistent player.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Absolutely love the very bones of the man .
Still cannot help feeling he was robbed of player of the season last year , possibly due to dodgy voting ?

Trump has gone on about nothing else since...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As I understand it his low £900k fee was something set by Ajax in order to let him easily join a Premier League club, as it was a desire of his to play in this league, and they wanted to let this happen as a sort of parting gift for his years of good service. But..how did that Premier League come to be us? If it was common knowledge that a player of his quality was available for £900k then surely most of the league would be interested, or do we have any connections to Ajax that would have helped us quietly get the deal done?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
As I understand it his low £900k fee was something set by Ajax in order to let him easily join a Premier League club, as it was a desire of his to play in this league, and they wanted to let this happen as a sort of parting gift for his years of good service. But..how did that Premier League come to be us? If it was common knowledge that a player of his quality was available for £900k then surely most of the league would be interested, or do we have any connections to Ajax that would have helped us quietly get the deal done?

Joel has mentioned in interviews that Davy Propper commended and endorsed the club prior to signing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I read that we had been tracking him for two years, and we were aware of the low price, way before he joined us.

We clearly take our recruiting seriously and play a loooong game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Oh, I can answer this in two words: Paul Winstanley.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agent would have been shopping him around and making the £900k release clause known. Helped we had some Dutch players around no doubt

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
That bit yesterday where JV won a blockbuster 50/50 smash right down in front of us, and then raised his clenched fists in front of us with a massive “come on” which lifted our noise another few decibels. Was one of those iconic footie moments, bloody brilliant, well done JV. Great performance, again.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That bit yesterday where JV won a blockbuster 50/50 smash right down in front of us, and then raised his clenched fists in front of us with a massive “come on” which lifted our noise another few decibels. Was one of those iconic footie moments, bloody brilliant, well done JV. Great performance, again.

Great post - it was brilliant……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here