Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Really need to get him signing an extension. He’s another out of contract next summer. We can’t lose him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really need to get him signing an extension. He’s another out of contract next summer. We can’t lose him.

In a moment we solved the RB conundrum, no one had filled Bruno’s boots.

[Not forgetting Lamptey, but he’s a very different type of player, hindered by the long injury lay off].

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep He brings the same stress free calmness to the team.
Although not to opponents

Controversially for nsc, he’s my POTS for the second season in a row. Other than the fact that he’s a brilliant defender foreseeing and mopping up danger, over his 60 EPL appearances he seems to churn out 8/10 to 10/10 performances almost every week.

1E39D12D-037B-4DAB-9270-F38736CE4E87.png

I hope he stays for years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Living in Adele’s old house. £12k a month rent

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Controversially for nsc, he’s my POTS for the second season in a row. Other than the fact that he’s a brilliant defender foreseeing and mopping up danger, over his 60 EPL appearances he seems to churn out 8/10 to 10/10 performances almost every week.

View attachment 147672

I hope he stays for years.

Agreed.
All of that & my PotS too.
Absolute class & quietly as tough as anyone we have

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
F***ing brilliant :)

Didn't even need Norman to give him a hand. And I'm frankly LOVING the dartboard just casually sitting in the middle of the room. Guess he doesn't miss much.

Why is he wearing a puffa jacket indoors on a warm day?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
F***ing brilliant :)

Didn't even need Norman to give him a hand. And I'm frankly LOVING the dartboard just casually sitting in the middle of the room. Guess he doesn't miss much.

You missed the little toilet by the fireplace

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Why is he wearing a puffa jacket indoors on a warm day?

I would guess for the same reason he has a gardening glove and an oven mitt - for protection whilst removing a distressed bird that is not known for being placid at the best of times.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Following him on Instagram, he's clearly not your stereotypical footballer - seems quite intelligent, down to earth and a family man. While other players are posing in their latest outfit or car, he's either putting up a soppy post about his kids/wife, or rescuing a seagull from a chimney with an oven glove. And seemingly has a good sense of humour.

My favourite player in the current squad. I think I might finally be moving on from Orlandi.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Following him on Instagram, he's clearly not your stereotypical footballer - seems quite intelligent, down to earth and a family man. While other players are posing in their latest outfit or car, he's either putting up a soppy post about his kids/wife, or rescuing a seagull from a chimney with an oven glove. And seemingly has a good sense of humour.

My favourite player in the current squad. I think I might finally be moving on from Orlandi.

:bowdown:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pound for pound our best ever signing.
Fabulous player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting watching him when we score - he celebrates as much as anyone.
Been absolutely fantastic this season, unbelievable work by the recruitment team to basically steal him.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Interesting watching him when we score - he celebrates as much as anyone.
Been absolutely fantastic this season, unbelievable work by the recruitment team to basically steal him.
The crazy thing is, Ajax fans online seemed quite happy for him to leave, saying how he was prone to blunders too often. Some were even laughing at us for signing him. I just can't fathom how that came to be, he's been so reliable for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here