Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

irrational hatreds

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Mr Popkins said:
Students!

Graduates who are unemployed as they refuse to take a job other than what there qualified in!

Students who waste 3 years of there life studing at my Expense something they have no intention of doing when they leave uni!

At whose expense? I'll pay back every penny of my loan, with f***ing interest. At almost 30 quid per month, including the 36 months of my degree. And on top of that I've paid my f***ing fees at over a grand a year. This degree is going to cost me far more than you. Or any other taxpayer.

I'll leave about 16 grand in debt including my loan (not grant) before interest. Because I have to pay rent. And eat. Sorry if those are luxuries that shouldn't be extended to students. You try living on 4 grand a year, including paying your rent and bills.

And yes, after my masters (which I am funding), I want to get a decent job in finance in the city. No, I don't want to work stacking shelves in f***ing Tesco for the rest of my life, so if it's worth hanging on for the right job, I'll do it.

I really f***ing hate people who stereotype students as useless time wasters, and refuse to accept that there are those of us who are genuinely working for what we want. And begrudge us the government loaning us living costs while we do it.

Not just aimed at you Mr P, many a post on this board has pissed me off like this. And the thread is about what pisses us off. Here's mine.

Last edited:

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
People who leave piles of their shite on the fax machine or network printer and don't collect it.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
DTES said:
At whose expense? I'll pay back every penny of my loan, with f***ing interest. At almost 30 quid per month, including the 36 months of my degree. And on top of that I've paid my f***ing fees at over a grand a year. This degree is going to cost me far more than you. Or any other taxpayer.

I'll leave about 16 grand in debt including my loan (not grant) before interest. Because I have to pay rent. And eat. Sorry if those are luxuries that shouldn't be extended to students. You try living on 4 grand a year, including paying your rent and bills.

And yes, after my masters (which I am funding), I want to get a decent job in finance in the city. No, I don't want to work stacking shelves in f***ing Tesco for the rest of my life, so if it's worth hanging on for the right job, I'll do it.

I really f***ing hate people who stereotype students as useless time wasters, and refuse to accept that there are those of us who are genuinely working for what we want. And begrudge us the government loaning us living costs while we do it.

Not just aimed at you Mr P, many a post on this board has pissed me off like this. And the thread is about what pisses us off. Here's mine.

Blimey

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
People drinking coffee and eating food that goes everywhere, when sitting next to me on the train home from work! Especially when the train jolts and i get the fucker's coffee all over me!:mad:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
DTES said:

get a job stacking shelves while your wating for your ideal job.
So you should be in debt, if you work hard enough for what you want the you will be earning the money to pay the loans etc back!
stop whinging, over a third of the world would love to have the chance like you for a decent education.

dont tell me your not in the pub at least 3 nights a week?!

im not aiming my jibes at all students but i see alot a people just go for the crack, end up in mass debt, come out of uni doing the same job as me. my mrs has a degree in crimanology, and has not used it, now she is a trainee accountant, she could have gone straight from school into that profession and she would be qualified by now ,with no debt earning mega bucks!

i think she has wasted 3 years of her live ,but there you go.

Men in Sandals.

Some people try an excuse blokes in sandals by saying at least they are not wearing socks with them. Well fair enough, but girls shoes are girls shoes. Simple as that.

Any of my mates caught in such attire have the phrase c*nt shoes shouted at them quite loudly. Any bloke foolish enough to wear flip flops should be simply put down.

I know they are sensible in the hot weather, but it really makes me angry!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
polysestryine (i can't spell) , salad , people who take the mick just because i support my home team , bullys, blue, destinys child,man u fans, man u , crystal palace....

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
People with irrational hatreds !!

:p

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Mr Popkins said:
get a job stacking shelves while your wating for your ideal job.
So you should be in debt, if you work hard enough for what you want the you will be earning the money to pay the loans etc back!
stop whinging, over a third of the world would love to have the chance like you for a decent education.

dont tell me your not in the pub at least 3 nights a week?!

im not aiming my jibes at all students but i see alot a people just go for the crack, end up in mass debt, come out of uni doing the same job as me. my mrs has a degree in crimanology, and has not used it, now she is a trainee accountant, she could have gone straight from school into that profession and she would be qualified by now ,with no debt earning mega bucks!

i think she has wasted 3 years of her live ,but there you go.

Fair points all round, but:

Plenty of students have part-time jobs while at uni, shelf stacking and the like. Once the degree is done, most students don't go to unemployment, they tend to temp around in office jobs while applying for graduate schemes. But with around 40,000 graduate jobs around per year, and about 250,000 graduating per year (at a guess), its not easy for us. I finally got a job with my 21st interview after failing the first 20 final stage assessment centres. Each of these takes 2 days, and that's 2 days out of the working schedule.

In the first year we went to the pub at least 4 times a week, and that ended up down to a maximum of twice a week in the 3rd year, mostly once a week, as there's too much work to do.

Your Mrs would indeed have done better to become a trainee accountant if she hadn't have done the degree in Criminology, but instead if she'd left school at 18, the opportunities are pretty minimal, and you have to take lower wages. With an accounting degree she'd be sorted nowadays. Looks like me and DTES are both going into accounting as well, and it is still not easy to find well-paid work.

But then by generalising students as the "bunch who just get pissed a lot and spend taxpayers money" is as bad as saying "those who don't go to university are thick", because both statements are plainly not true. There are exceptions that fit the statements, but generally it isn't the case.

The problem is the amount of people going to university... its all about expectations. Each kid going to university now accrues roughly the same amount of debt. I've got £20k. Then they all expect jobs good enough to pay back the debt, and therefore all demand more money. But the jobs just aren't out there, and companies are not willing to simply "make" jobs for us! I wouldn't expect them to. I'd rather the government just f***ing sorted out the system and stopped plugging university as "the thing every kid should do", because it isn't the be all and end all.

As always, blame the government ;) Add them to my irrational hatreds list! :mad:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts - What have you been taking today, thats now two of the best posts i've seen for a while you done today. Especially when compared to my wanky tits post. Give yourself a pat on the back why don't you.

Oh and i hate any f***ing Reading fan that posts on this board.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Wilts - What have you been taking today, thats now two of the best posts i've seen for a while you done today. Especially when compared to my wanky tits post. Give yourself a pat on the back why don't you.

Oh and i hate any f***ing Reading fan that posts on this board.

Cheers :lol:

I'm just fecking bored... doing this bastard dissertation, and just looking forward to a grad ball on Friday and NSC thing on Saturday.

The Reading boards are shite as well, just full of people who say:

"Ooh we've got a new singing".
"I think you've spelt signing wrong"
"What does it f***ing matter, you ****"
"Well at least I went to Elm Prak and away games, you plastic wanker"
"You've spelt Park wrong".

Aaaaarrgh! :mad: add that to the irrational hatreds as well.

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
When exactly did I claim I should not be in debt Mr P? I accept my debt, it's something I know I have to pay off. I claim I should be given the loan to help me through getting what I want.

As I said, you try paying rent, for food and all living costs on 4 grand a year. And then find the money to go to the pub 3 times a week. Not going to be done Popkins my friend.

I would keep arguing but I think Wilts has made all of my points for me. Especially the interview processes one - not as simple as stacking shelves until the right one comes along. And the generalisation point. I bet you'd all be pissed off if we claimed you were all thick.

Thanks Wilts. I'll buy you a pint sometime. We're students, so we'll bump into each other in a pub sooner or later. ??? :mad:

Last edited:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I'll buy you a pint sometime

Good man. £20k of debt means the pints are in shortage down this way at the moment :drink:

Popkins, happy to buy you a pint on Saturday at the NSC thing... just gotta work that 1 hour shift in the local One-Stop first ;) :p (only jesting, fella).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is beautiful, Brighton and Reading fans getting along like a house on fire, tell you what, i'll buy you both a pint. Be wary though as i didn't finish my degree i'm probably a bit thicker than you but i'm not as thick as most so i am able to string a coherent sentence together.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
fair play to you boys..... wilts, and Dtes...
sounds like your working hard for somthing you really want..
i take my pork pie hat off to you both

I meet alot of students in my job, some good ,some complete tossers! its the attutude of some of them that grates me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here