Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

irrational hatreds

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pub/bar staff who don't look at the bar to see who's next, just pick the person nearest them/the till.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
On the noisy eating theme

- people who eat whilst on the phone.

- people who use crockery as a percussion instrument whilst eating from it (unintentionally).

- people who 'bop' their teeth when eating.

Can you tell it's lunch time ???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
wasps, people carriers, pink girly 4x4's for airheaded beauty therapists who are way too dizzy to be driving anyway, Max powered Citroen Saxos etc, Vauxhaul-everything theyve ever done, ants, esp flying ones last night, woodlice, Halifax mortgage company, bullshitting estate agents, the old C**T who bought my old house, Otters Ford Three Bridges, beetroot, tripe, lemon on savoury food, nylon, Coronation Street, any reality TV or postars type crap, rap music, tracksuits, bling, buses and CD's with scratches

that'll do for starters :lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I've just been thinking about the phrase 'OK' - and I hate it!
What does it mean, I mean where does it come from? How do the letters O and K signinify everything is alright?

I bet it's American

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Cheshire Dolphin said:
I've just been thinking about the phrase 'OK' - and I hate it!
What does it mean, I mean where does it come from? How do the letters O and K signinify everything is alright?

I bet it's American

Main Entry: 1OK
Variant(s): or okay /O-'kA, in assenting or agreeing also 'O-"kA/
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: abbreviation of oll korrect, facetious alteration of all correct
Date: 1839

Guess I've just answered my own question there... :rolleyes:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
80's Seagull said:
Pub/bar staff who don't look at the bar to see who's next, just pick the person nearest them/the till.

And on that thing, I completely forgot one of the most f***ing annoying things known to society...

People who walk up to the bar and get served before you, without asking or even making any eye contact, just pretend you aren't there and get served first. The idea is pass it along to whoever you can see who has been there longer than you... ****. :mad:

Note: This is done more by girls than blokes too, strangely. And they're all ****s too if they do it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:
And on that thing, I completely forgot one of the most f***ing annoying things known to society...

People who walk up to the bar and get served before you, without asking or even making any eye contact, just pretend you aren't there and get served first. The idea is pass it along to whoever you can see who has been there longer than you... ****. :mad:

Note: This is done more by girls than blokes too, strangely. And they're all ****s too if they do it.

Indeed, women do it loads because they can get away with it. Most men seem to realise that it is rude to do so. Possibly linked to the way the two sexes drive?

Always make suer you give the tosser that does it a good stare and then also eye ball the barmen/women.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can't stand putting the clean washed socks back in pairs.....don't know why - just have always hated it.... :rolleyes:

But on a serious level - my current pet hate is bull bars.....Stupid women on the school run in tonka truck 4wd's with great big bull bars on the front of their cars - those things are child killers....and I've yet to see a kangaroo bound out of a side street on the Kings Rd that would warrant having a bull bar...

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Mental note - don't go to the bar at the same time at WR on Saturday. Just in case.

Ah no, I'll probably just complain about it on a messageboard rather than actually do anything about it. I think I'd be pretty outnumbered by about 30 to 1 anyway! ;)

I usually just tell the girl that they're damn rude, laugh at them, and then see them go off crying when the other lads turn up and laugh at 'em too. Does the trick :thumbsup:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Cheshire Dolphin said:
:lolol:

Girls are suprisingly easy to make cry.

Calling a girl a **** usually catches 'em off guard too. Adds to the effect :D

(Not always a good idea, mind... some birds have very large male mates only too willing to lay some smackdown on you in a bar).

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
pikeys!

Students!

Graduates who are unemployed as they refuse to take a job other than what there qualified in!

Students who waste 3 years of there life studing at my Expense something they have no intention of doing when they leave uni!

Trendy bars!

paying £3 for a pint!

astroligists!

waiting 3 months into the season for the new kit to come out!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
People who open car doors onto the road making you stop.
Really camp men
Kids running around pubs
Kids screaming in pubs
rude waiters
The new Skaterwear trend which make all kids look like pikeys
Women in trouser suits
Gothics
Wierd People
People who talk with their mouth full
Flat Lager
Bouncers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports