[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
100 Mark Lawrenson's! Think about it! - Liverpool will be paying Brighton more than ONE HUNDRED times the amount they payed Brighton for Mark Lawrenson!!

Shrewed though! How many European titles did Mark help them to win back in the '80's???

Edit - beaten to the point!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When we have finally finished enjoying Chelsea's well deserved misery, we need to face up to the fact that we ultimately lost a superb player.

I hope some of the Caicedo money at least will help to rebuild our midfield and keep us in the top ten....
I’m sure RDZ, Barber and Weir are working on it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dare I say it, but Moises is a little bit overrated, LOL.

Great player for his age, great stats. Great defensive force and will be missed in the squad.

But...

£110 MILLION

He's good, but he's not THAT good.

Liverpool and Chelsea are mugs. Thanks Fabrizio Romano and the Twitter crowd for making us STINKING rich.

This is the greatest con of the century. The joys of having a pro poker player as a chairman.

Hope he does well, I'm sure he will, but he's not the next Ronaldo/Messi.

Let's give him a round of applause when we next see him for making us so much cash. You never know, we might get him back on a freebie in a few years time.
Gonna be very interesting.

If he keeps the same form that he did for us then he's world class.

But he wasn't great at beerschot or dare I say really didn't stand out at the world cup.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Dare I say it, but Moises is a little bit overrated, LOL.

Great player for his age, great stats. Great defensive force and will be missed in the squad.

But...

£110 MILLION

He's good, but he's not THAT good.

Liverpool and Chelsea are mugs. Thanks Fabrizio Romano and the Twitter crowd for making us STINKING rich.

This is the greatest con of the century. The joys of having a pro poker player as a chairman.

Hope he does well, I'm sure he will, but he's not the next Ronaldo/Messi.

Let's give him a round of applause when we next see him for making us so much cash. You never know, we might get him back on a freebie in a few years time.
Wow, really?
I find that an unbelievable post. I’m n sure you would have loved him to stay, as I would have for a couple of years but that, really?
FSG (I’m not a massive fan) do at least have a philosophy, that does not include throwing endless amounts of borrowed money around. They have spent £175m, on a new midfield, which once it’s bedded in will be one of the best in the world. In 6/7 years on they will be worth more than what they paid for them, that’s their model.
Buy the best, young player’s available. Keep them for 5/6 years, win trophies (Hopefully) and sell to recoup or make money once they pass their peak.
It is not Tony’s model, but it works as well.
Plus, keeping the chavs quiet for a few days is pure gold.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s all spare a thought for Fabrizio Romano at this time. Spent all January trying to make Caicedo to Arsenal happen, failed. Then spent all summer trying to make his move to Chelsea happen, and also failed.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
When we have finally finished enjoying Chelsea's well deserved misery, we need to face up to the fact that we ultimately lost a superb player.

I hope some of the Caicedo money at least will help to rebuild our midfield and keep us in the top ten....
If the club had a plan for how we were going to get £110m (!) for him, you can be pretty sure they have a plan for how we’ll attempt to plug a Moises size gap in midfield, be it a combination of internal solutions or an incoming replacement.

I just can’t be sure it’ll be in place by 3pm tomorrow..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Let’s all spare a thought for Fabrizio Romano at this time. Spent all January trying to make Caicedo to Arsenal happen, failed. Then spent all summer trying to make his move to Chelsea happen, and also failed.
Don’t forget Cucharella to Man City as well. It’s almost as if people should ignore him

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
If the club had a plan for how we were going to get £110m (!) for him, you can be pretty sure they have a plan for how we’ll attempt to plug a Moises size gap in midfield, be it a combination of internal solutions or an incoming replacement.

I just can’t be sure it’ll be in place by 3pm tomorrow..
Suggest it will be weeks rather than days. We don’t have a history of getting deals done quickly. Many reason for that abd we tend to get recruitment very right so all due diligence takes time. We also don’t have the pulling power of Liverpool who can operate very quickly as seen in the last 24hrs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And that little shit Ben Jacobs aka ‘the Chelsea mouthpiece’ who is STILL struggling to accept Chelsea won’t get their man!!

😂😂😂😂😂

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fair play to the 19 people who said he'd go to Liverpool (unless they were all votes from yesterday 😂)

Still staggered that more than 300 people thought he wasn't going anywhere. I mentioned this a few weeks ago that there are some people on NSC smoking strong stuff; totally bonkers.

Don't do drugs, kids 😂
We may not have been as far from that scenario as you suggest. Little sign that Chelsea weren't going to stump up the required money and I doubt Liverpool would have done either if it hadn't been for the Saudi Arabian disruption coming out of nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports