When do Villa tickets go on general sale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't want to pay a tenner to be put on a database tbh. I managed to get tickets for Arsenal in a general sale, so why can't the club I support do the same? It's just being greedy...

Look at it this way. If you buy a white membership & a Villa ticket, it's still less than a home ticket.:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't want to pay a tenner to be put on a database tbh. I managed to get tickets for Arsenal in a general sale, so why can't the club I support do the same? It's just being greedy...

I don't believe it is. The scheme is there to show the Albion do their best to manage those who go to away games, so that if/when there are problems the club are able to clearly show an audit trail of who they sell tickets to.

That can only be in the best interests of those who want to travel and follow the Albion.

I'm not sure how anyone can really gripe at what is a small administration charge, I'm sure you're aware that our cash-strapped club have slightly different budgetary conditions that Arsenal et al.

can you do the white membership over the phone do you know? Got a couple of mates that need to sign up and live far too far away to go to the shop.

Don't think so but you can download the form from the Albion site, but I'm not sure if you'll have time to get the whole thing turned around in time to get Villa tickets given the demands on the ticket office right now to process ticket applications.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It was free to become a White member for quite some time after this current scheme was announced if you were on the database (old AMS), so if people failed to join if they had the opportunity, then it's not really the club's fault. However, if you were never a member, may be £10 is harsh, but ask yourself this - before Villa prices were announced, would you have paid £20 for a ticket?

Sure everyone would say yes.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I don't believe it is. The scheme is there to show the Albion do their best to manage those who go to away games, so that if/when there are problems the club are able to clearly show an audit trail of who they sell tickets to.

That can only be in the best interests of those who want to travel and follow the Albion.

I'm not sure how anyone can really gripe at what is a small administration charge, I'm sure you're aware that our cash-strapped club have slightly different budgetary conditions that Arsenal et al.

Well how come so many away games are POTD? There is no 'audit trail' on fans there...

The database would be the same for fans buying home game tickets, but there is no admin fee for that, so why charge a fee to get away tickets?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well how come so many away games are POTD? There is no 'audit trail' on fans there...

The Albion can't forcibly make a host club make a game all ticket. But when they do, the Albion will only sell to members - it's been this way for a long time.

As I said above, any unsold tickets may then go POTD but, again, this is out of the hands of the Albion.

But the Albion can clearly say that when a game is all ticket they will only sell tickets to 'known fans'. Who other clubs sell tickets to, either Albion fans or not, is up to them.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
The Albion can't forcibly make a host club make a game all ticket. But when they do, the Albion will only sell to members - it's been this way for a long time.

As I said above, any unsold tickets may then go POTD but, again, this is out of the hands of the Albion.

But the Albion can clearly say that when a game is all ticket they will only sell tickets to 'known fans'. Who other clubs sell tickets to, either Albion fans or not, is up to them.

Is this really required though for a club like Brighton? not as if we have a massive hooligan problem is it?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Don't really see the argument.

Buy a membership = Chance of a Villa ticket
Don't buy a membership = No chance of a Villa ticket.

We dont no, but suppose we have a cup game away at millwall in the 6th round (wishful thinking) and millwall sell out their home allocation......

The white membership scheme would ensure that only albion fans could buy a ticket in the away end.

not only a fair policy, but a great move in terms of getting the nutters away from our fans.

At the end of the day, its a tenner, ffs if you dont wanna pay it, dont moan. If you still pay for white now, you can apply on Wednesday for the Villa tix.

Can you imagine getting to the FA cup final and these same stingbags moaning they cant buy a ticket coz they refused to become a white member!!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just bought 5 tickets in the Holte Stand from the Villa shop.......................but then then I am the only Brighton supporter in my party

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
We dont no, but suppose we have a cup game away at millwall in the 6th round (wishful thinking) and millwall sell out their home allocation......

The white membership scheme would ensure that only albion fans could buy a ticket in the away end.

not only a fair policy, but a great move in terms of getting the nutters away from our fans.

At the end of the day, its a tenner, ffs if you dont wanna pay it, dont moan. If you still pay for white now, you can apply on Wednesday for the Villa tix.

Can you imagine getting to the FA cup final and these same stingbags moaning they cant buy a ticket coz they refused to become a white member!!!!!

Lets face it, as you said - wishful thinking!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is this really required though for a club like Brighton? not as if we have a massive hooligan problem is it?

Massive? Undoubtedly not.

Significant? In the right circumstances, yes we do. A lot of nutters crawl out of the woodwork for some of our away games.

Didn't the AMS only come about after the Aldershot away game a few years back when it all got a bit unsavoury?

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
just wanted to add if you FAX through a white mebership application from TODAY, it should get prcessed in time for wednesday, thats what the club shop just told me.

So people wanting to go might as well just do the above, if not you wont be going because they are NOT going on genral sale.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
and after that £10, you are able to purchase away tickets for the rest of your life...
they said that after the ams. Except they didn't mean it....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have just done Blue Membership via email as I live too far away from Brighton just to pop in. Very efficient in the ticket office. Application has been processed, fan number allocated, and Villa ticket bought.

So, it is not too late to apply for White membership in time for Wednesday I wouldnt have thought.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I just looked on my purchase history, my white membership and number is there but it has completely the wrong date for when I bought it and PEND next to it.

I don't want any uninformed guesses that it means pending because it also has PEND next to every ticket I bought from the shop (and more) before registering (with the wrong date next to them as well).

AND THEN on the downloadable form it says "This is an ANNUAL payment. A membership card annotating your Membership number for Season 2009/2010 will be sent to you in due course."

ALSO Insider has said it's a one off.

So whats happening?

I'm going ahead with the application on Wednesday and promise not to bleat if I am unlucky but I wish they would get the story straight and then stick to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports