Tunnicliffe - I Love This Club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I love you too James:love:

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Tunnicliffe Determined to Cement Place

Albion centre-back James Tunnicliffe is determined to keep his place in the team after returning to the side at Southampton on Sunday.

The 20 year-old defender barely put a foot wrong against in-form Saints strikers Rickie Lambert and David Connolly after being named in Gus Poyet's first team selection.

Tunnicliffe told seagulls.co.uk, "I love this club. I've really settled down now, and I want to keep myself in the team.

"I was very disappointed to be left out of the first Wycombe game, but it's one of those things.

"I've said in the past, as soon as I get in the team I want make sure I keep my shirt, because I want to play as many games as I can for Brighton and make myself better and improve the team."

Tunnicliffe is also full of praise for the positive effect that Poyet and Mauricio Taricco have had on the squad since their arrival last week.

"They've had a massive impact already, training's changed completely and there's a great aura around the training ground. It's really buzzing.

"It's not just in training sessions, but the way we prepare, the way we look after ourselves and the recovery days after the game.

"The main aim has been defending since the gaffer came in, and he has changed the style in which we defend. But it's worked massively to our advantage and I certainly find it better for myself and the players around me."

Tunnicliffe is now hoping the defence can produce the platform for Albion's assault on Wycombe tonight in the FA Cup.

"It's another massive game, against good players that scored goals in the first match, so the aim is to keep a clean sheet.

"If we keep a clean sheet I'm very confident we'll win the game because we're going to score goals.

"If everyone can carry on the momentum from Sunday we'll be fine."

-----------------------------------------------------

Thought he was excellent on Sunday, really like him as a player. Also glad we're not using his throw at every conceivable opportunity.

Looking forward to him keeping Adam 'BOD' Virgo out of the side for a short while at least

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is the buzz the club has been missing - fingers crossed it stays! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I too love this club

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Could go on to be a massive player for us, I really hope he does as he seems like a clever lad with his head in the right place.

As for the comments about training, that says as much about the old regime as it does the new one. Good to hear the right noises coming from the players though, the only way is up :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Long time since I've heard a newish player say he loves this club and quite uplifting for fans. From his comments it seems as though we were a bit Micky Mouse on the managerial and coaching front before, which is not great to hear.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'd be very interested to hear what all those who defended White and Booker have to say about this. It's becoming quite clear that training on their watch was dull and ineffective. Get in a couple of top quality players who have been at decent clubs and everything changes. So come on, anyone still think those of us who wanted White out were wrong?

Quite, It doesnt matter who the manager is if the coaches are rubbish the players will become disinterested. It really does seem Booker and White were rubbish

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Quite, It doesnt matter who the manager is if the coaches are rubbish the players will become disinterested. It really does seem Booker and White were rubbish

To gain a competitive edge top level football is constantly trying new ideas, seems to me we've had dinosaurs in charge who have simply been left behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports