The Sun says we are in talks with Coppell

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This whole 'never go back' thing is starting to annoy me. Adams did well the first time by signing a load of players who he knew and had worked with before who had experience of getting teams promoted from the bottom division. He was a good motivator and got them fighting for the team and got us promoted. He was never very good tactically and never really had a plan B, but it didn't matter because we bought the best squad in the division, and players who knew what it took to get out of that division. He was never the genius Manager that some made him out to be, and he hasn't exactly been a huge success anywhere else.

Never go back, if you were brilliantly succesfull the first time round and are likely to struggle to match what you did before. Coppell was only here for a short period, the never go back rule does not apply for him.

Quite Right. Excellent summing up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely spot on. The whole 'never go back' thing is a little homily like 'too many cooks spoil the broth' that might have some basis in truth but is not a hard and fast rule.

There's a poster on here called Cadiz Seagull who thinks that people who come on NSC shouldn't expect reasoned debate and implied that we're all cretins. I've a good mind to pm him and refer him to your post ...

Well he's my Dad so I'll tell him myself!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Actually i have my own company i started when i left school, not thats its any of your business

Ok, so when your staff move on to better things, do you call them a Judas?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brovion, I'd like to apologise unreservedly for Commander having complete disregard for long-standing NSC tradition and talking sense. I have had occasion to warn him of this in the past but it seems he will never learn. Young people today!

I can't imagine where he gets this from, certainly not from me, I can only assume it is some faulty gene from his Mother's side of the family (like the one that gives women in that line dodgy knees).

I will certainly have another stern talk to him and if I can't get him to change his wicked ways he will be told to go and tidy his bedroom.

Speaking sense on NSC is just not good enough. What is the world coming to?

And just to clarify, NSC does sometimes come up with reasoned debate and is all the better for it. In fact, most of the time, not just some of the time.

But sometimes it talks bollocks as well! :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brovion, I'd like to apologise unreservedly for Commander having complete disregard for long-standing NSC tradition and talking sense. I have had occasion to warn him of this in the past but it seems he will never learn. Young people today!

I can't imagine where he gets this from, certainly not from me, I can only assume it is some faulty gene from his Mother's side of the family (like the one that gives women in that line dodgy knees).

I will certainly have another stern talk to him and if I can't get him to change his wicked ways he will be told to go and tidy his bedroom.

Speaking sense on NSC is just not good enough. What is the world coming to?

And just to clarify, NSC does sometimes come up with reasoned debate and is all the better for it. In fact, most of the time, not just some of the time.

But sometimes it talks bollocks as well! :)
No worries! Sorry for the little dig at you earlier, it's just that on Sunday you made some reply (To 'Father Christmas' I think) something along the lines of 'you can't talk sense on NSC'. It just pissed me off a bit (especially as I didn't really agree with him!) but the carefully, crafted oh-so-witty put-down I wrote got lost in the SSSLLLOOOOWWW server somewhere. Being the sad, bitter and twisted old man I am I carried the grudge against you until today when I could have a little pop at you. Anyway, I feel better now.

No worries! Sorry for the little dig at you earlier, it's just that on Sunday you made some reply (To 'Father Christmas' I think) something along the lines of 'you can't talk sense on NSC'. It just pissed me off a bit (especially as I didn't really agree with him!) but the carefully, crafted oh-so-witty put-down I wrote got lost in the SSSLLLOOOOWWW server somewhere. Being the sad, bitter and twisted old man I am I carried the grudge against you until today when I could have a little pop at you. Anyway, I feel better now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I need to remember that NSC doesn't do irony!

I'll try to remember in future - promise!

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Think about it Sam Peters mate! Coppell going was the same as any player going.. bobby z - we wanted the cash, he wanted to play at a better ground with higher money coming his way and tottenham wanted him... everyone gets what they want... dean hammond - colchester wanted him... we wanted the cash ... he wanted more money and a better ground.... the whole reason SC left was because it was good for everyone.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
god help this club, its going backwards again, appointing an ex has been, who if i remember walked out on brighton... when will this club learn its leason not to appoint ex albion managers, it just dos nt hack...you telling me he is best man for the club, dont think so somehow... this club will never learn. !!!! :rant:
Don't forget we had dick tight back then:thumbsup:

bring on the coppell as he is bloody awsome:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports