Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun says we are in talks with Coppell

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if i was loyal to where i want to work...tbh i would stay where i am if i was happy.
Honestly? I doubt it very much. Decent managers have ambition, both for success on the pitch and personal success. When we had no money and a dreadful ground with no atmosphere, it would take an unusual manager (and probably not a good one) to want to stay with us when there are much better opportunities. I always find it weird how supporters expect managers to have the same loyalty for their club as they do.

SamPeters

Nov 3, 2009
So you weren't going to games and because we lost more than we won, you think he shouldn't come back? You are aware we were in the Championship then? Stoke lost more games than they won last year in the Premiership, does that mean they should get a different Manager?

And why would he have been really fond of Brighton? We were playing at Withdean with the smallest budget in the division and with no hope of doing anything better than avoiding relegation to League 1 for the foreseeable future. It is a totally different situation now.

No i just wernt going to any of the games that he was at.....the difference between Stoke and us is that there are able to stay up...and it doesnt matter about that we had the smallest budget in the league...look at our youth system compared to most...we have one the best ones outside the premiership...the likes of ummm...Elphick....Cox...and many others...some have left the club now but we do have the youth system that can coutner any money that other clubs have

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
never go back, once a judas always a judas

Have you been in the same job since you left school? (If you have left school)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No i just wernt going to any of the games that he was at.....the difference between Stoke and us is that there are able to stay up...and it doesnt matter about that we had the smallest budget in the league...look at our youth system compared to most...we have one the best ones outside the premiership...the likes of ummm...Elphick....Cox...and many others...some have left the club now but we do have the youth system that can coutner any money that other clubs have

And how many of our youth players have made it in the Championship or higher?

we do have the youth system that can coutner any money that other clubs have

Well sack the board then, we should be winning the Champions League.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i said it like that because i said people can put it how they want

mine is he walked out

others think he left because of DK and money and all that

Well it's a major difference if you questioning his loyalty.

You are wrong by the way.

SamPeters

Nov 3, 2009

Joel Lynch is at Notts Forrest now if i remember

but most of our youngsters have been scouted bout championshiip scouts and that so it shows they think we have potential

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Joel Lynch is at Notts Forrest now if i remember

but most of our youngsters have been scouted bout championshiip scouts and that so it shows they think we have potential

OK, so Lynch is at Forest, fair enough. But most of our youngsters have been scouted by Championship clubs? Of course they have, but they haven't signed them, have they? Big difference.

Don't get me wrong, we have a good youth system, but to say that this can counter any money from other clubs is ridiculous.

SamPeters

Nov 3, 2009
i ment like clubs they are in same league as us but had more money at the time...our youth system could counter the money they had when we was in their league...we could bring up out players and have it cost nothing where as they would buy players for more money than they could

i have always been a fan of the youth systems but thats my opinion

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
i ment like clubs they are in same league as us but had more money at the time...our youth system could counter the money they had when we was in their league...we could bring up out players and have it cost nothing where as they would buy players for more money than they could

I thought the schools went back yesterday?!?!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Are you Dennis Wise?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This whole 'never go back' thing is starting to annoy me. Adams did well the first time by signing a load of players who he knew and had worked with before who had experience of getting teams promoted from the bottom division. He was a good motivator and got them fighting for the team and got us promoted. He was never very good tactically and never really had a plan B, but it didn't matter because we bought the best squad in the division, and players who knew what it took to get out of that division. He was never the genius Manager that some made him out to be, and he hasn't exactly been a huge success anywhere else.

Coppell on the other hand, is massively experienced and has been successfull more or less everywhere he's been. He's in a totally different league to Adams. The 2nd appointment of Adams was never going to work, he did well the first time but was always going to struggle to be as successful the 2nd time around. Coppell was only here for a short period of time, almost got us out of an impossible position, didn't have time to build his own team and left because a much better job came along which suited him, Reading and us.

To compare the two is ridiculous. If Coppell came now he would not be here on quick rescue mission , he would be here to rebuild the team and take us into Falmer where we can actually push on and achieve something, rather than have our hands tied behind our backs at Withdean with a new stadium that may or not arrive in 5 years time, which is the situation he was in last time.

Never go back, if you were brilliantly succesfull the first time round and are likely to struggle to match what you did before. Coppell was only here for a short period, the never go back rule does not apply for him.
Absolutely spot on. The whole 'never go back' thing is a little homily like 'too many cooks spoil the broth' that might have some basis in truth but is not a hard and fast rule.

There's a poster on here called Cadiz Seagull who thinks that people who come on NSC shouldn't expect reasoned debate and implied that we're all cretins. I've a good mind to pm him and refer him to your post ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here