Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I thought I’d seen it all in non league.

Don’t have an explanation for this one at Dunston UTS v Gateshead.

Believe they were also fully armed with Pistols.

Newhaven lost 4-2 to Seaford as well

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You can’t park there @Lenny Rider FFS :lolol:
Some context is they were pedofile hunters, what a country, this is why we need to protect our wonderful pyramid.

IMG_5886.jpeg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lewes have been invited to play in the Fenix trophy meaning we’re not the only team from Sussex in Europe!

Class for their fans!! And maybe even a fair few Brighton moaning about not getting tickets end up going with lewes!
Clubs in Copenhagen, Belgium, Paris, Prague, Bucharest plus more. Last year's final was at the muthafuckin San Siro! The time before that was in Rimini. I'm going to be absolutely all over this like a rash.

Genuinely slightly miffed though that this is happening in the same season as our Europa jaunt.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Fenix draw at 2pm CT on Saturday.

Rooks can't be drawn with FCUM so guaranteed to get one of Prague Raptors (Cze), FC Skjold (Den) or KSK Beveren (Bel)

BRING IT ON. We're all going on a(nother) European Tour etc etc

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Lewes have been invited to play in the Fenix trophy meaning we’re not the only team from Sussex in Europe!

Class for their fans!! And maybe even a fair few Brighton moaning about not getting tickets end up going with lewes!
A great tournament, I’ve been following it with some mates at FCUM. They’ve reached the final. 2 years on the bounce so Lewes can expect a good run

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Actually been to Beveren twice and seen them play, funny little place.

Do this Beveren side share the same stadium as Waasland does anyone know?
Same team. They've just had about 5 name changes

Might be the same club? They play at the Freethiel Stadion.

It's super confusing. KSK Beveren are translated as Royal Sport Club Beveren and they are 'amateur' (in quotations because who doesn't like a brown envelope these days) and SK Beveren are the pro team, translated as Sport Club Beveren and are professional and play at Freethiel. They were also once known as Waasland-Beveren.

The amateur side plays at a much smaller stadium about 30 metres away in the same complex. That is the one Lewes could play. KSK Beveren that is.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Same team. They've just had about 5 name changes

It's super confusing. KSK Beveren are translated as Royal Sport Club Beveren and they are 'amateur' (in quotations because who doesn't like a brown envelope these days) and SK Beveren are the pro team, translated as Sport Club Beveren and are professional and play at Freethiel. They were also once known as Waasland-Beveren.

The amateur side plays at a much smaller stadium about 30 metres away in the same complex. That is the one Lewes could play. KSK Beveren that is.

Wow, really interesting, thanks for that.

Yeah, saw Waasland in the top tier twice so figured it can’t be the same side..in fact think they got promoted again last season.

Certainly easy to get to for lewes although no doubt they’d rather Prague!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

And yesterday they put a statement out asking for donations to the players budget. Their insistence on equal pay for men and women’s teams despite the disparity in revenue is what’s killing them.

Signing some of the best players at that level, players who should be playing higher and then asking for a bail out from fans. Not been at all well received on Twitter. And rightly so.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
And yesterday they put a statement out asking for donations to the players budget. Their insistence on equal pay for men and women’s teams despite the disparity in revenue is what’s killing them.

Signing some of the best players at that level, players who should be playing higher and then asking for a bail out from fans. Not been at all well received on Twitter. And rightly so.

Can I ask how we're being killed?
And the second bit, should we be signing crap players? Are you suggesting we're spending more than other teams on the division? Because Horsham are the ones doing that( they also have a fundraising page)

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
And the second bit, should we be signing crap players? Are you suggesting we're spending more than other teams on the division? Because Horsham are the ones doing that( they also have a fundraising page)
Killed probs wrong word. What I mean is clearly there is players the manager wants but the club can’t meet their demands, and are being beaten to by others.

Most teams have a 12th man fund, I understand that. But most teams don’t announce European tours, pay their women equal pay to the first time despite massive differences in attendance and match day prices, and most teams don’t ask their manager to write sob story statements asking for help.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The attendances are much the same now, and the match day prices the same.

I'm understand the Equality FC has helped us with sponsorship, interest and global members. And the women are playing at a far higher level. And we have to try and make up extra funds as we refuse gambling sponsorship at the ground or club ( which is even more prevalent at non league).
We were invited to the
European cup thing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Money un

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Money now also the issue in non league football which is a shame. Knowing what some players get at this level is I think a joke and all the time that dozens of volunteers keep the clubs going. Maybe jealousy on my part but in my day which was not that long all received travel expenses only . Now they want wages to play at lower tier football with same crowds as we got. Always happy to pay gate money and would only make donations if assured was not going to players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here