Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club have missed a trick!

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
it's like anything in life, if you think it's a fair price, pay it, if you don't, don't. I won't be paying it but if you want to it's f*** all to do with me

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
New manager, the draw matching us against one of the top Prem clubs, and a clause that gives the Wycombe tie attendees first dibs for tix to that round?

Line up line up, get your tickets here they're luvverly !

All very fine, but we have to beat Wycombe and then Rushden at home. You are assuming a new manager by then . Plus season ticket holders will always get priority whether they attend a tie or not!

Apart from that. Good marketing!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fulham v CSKA Sofia on 3rd Dec in the Europa League... It's £10 anywhere in the ground or £5 for kids, not bad for European football!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Christ, you could cut and paste this thread everytime we have home cup match. Seems that everyone thinks TB should not only be bankrolling the stadium and the team but also the supporters.

Nobody on here knows what Wycombe requested or what the club may have proposed but was rejected. Wycombe will, I believe, after expenses get 47.5% of the gate. They will want to maximise their revenue as they probably see this as their exit from the comp.

I'd rather pay less but I support the club and will be going.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Oh and another note I'm pretty sure in the terms and conditions of my season ticket it says the club will offer me the chance to buy my regular seat before they go on general sale??

You have until tomorrow to get your ticket, after that its a gamble!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fulham v CSKA Sofia on 3rd Dec in the Europa League... It's £10 anywhere in the ground or £5 for kids, not bad for European football!!!

f*** it, that's such a good offer I've actually just purchased a pair of tickets!... See what good offers can do?... :whistle:

TWO
Fulham v CSKA Sofia tickets for less than the price of one Brighton v Wycombe ticket! :jester:

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nobody on here knows what Wycombe requested or what the club may have proposed but was rejected. Wycombe will, I believe, after expenses get 47.5% of the gate. They will want to maximise their revenue as they probably see this as their exit from the comp.

You are of course correct.

But surely a lower figure for the ticket would get more bums on seats.

Not an exact science of course.

Wycombe charged £18 on Saturday so if they held out for £22 for next week, then quite frankly I hope it backfires on them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Christ, you could cut and paste this thread everytime we have home cup match. Seems that everyone thinks TB should not only be bankrolling the stadium and the team but also the supporters.

I'd rather pay less but I support the club and will be going.

In 2007 the gate receipts were split after expenses as 45% to each club and 10% to the FA. Grimsby Town wanted to reduce admission prices on Saturday but Bath City objected and they had to charge full league prices , only 216 fans travelled up from the west country and the crowd was 2103 , they may have had 4000 if it was a tenner for adults.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm NOT going so therefore 31 years of loyal support has been totally wasted as I can no longer claim to be a supporter of this club...

...prick

I'm just saying that we get the same of shit everytime there is a cup game. Bet your bottom dollar that if we get a plum away tie in the third round, you'll see all the familiar posts about distribution being unfair etc etc.

Still, I'll trump your 31 years with my 33.

(awaits further childish insult from Jamon Jamon, so dumb they named him twice!!!!! Don't be so sensitive mate, it's only football)

You are of course correct.

But surely a lower figure for the ticket would get more bums on seats.

Not an exact science of course.

Wycombe charged £18 on Saturday so if they held out for £22 for next week, then quite frankly I hope it backfires on them.

You're right but the important thing is revenue. Would it increase. Yes it would be great to have a full house but even if they charged a tenner, we wouldn't get that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In 2007 the gate receipts were split after expenses as 45% to each club and 10% to the FA. Grimsby Town wanted to reduce admission prices on Saturday but Bath City objected and they had to charge full league prices , only 216 fans travelled up from the west country and the crowd was 2103 , they may have had 4000 if it was a tenner for adults.

You're right as well, there may have been 4000. Equally there may have been only 400. Non league fans tend to come out of the woodwork for home cup ties far more than they do for away ones. I very much suspect the administrators of Bath knew full well that they would not get 4000 away fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're right as well, there may have been 4000. Equally there may have been only 400. Non league fans tend to come out of the woodwork for home cup ties far more than they do for away ones. I very much suspect the administrators of Bath knew full well that they would not get 4000 away fans.

The 4000 estimate I gave would be home and away fans combined at Blundell Park :laugh: Many Crap Town fans didn't go as they thought it was too expensive against non-league opposition , which is funny as they could be in the BSP next season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here