Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club have missed a trick!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I don't think it's going to be as poorly attended as you think. Firstly, even at £24 attendances aren't as dire as people make out (it's very average for our division, which is imprssive given our circumstances).

Secondly, it's against one of only two teams we've beaten at home this year.

Thirdly, Saturdays game was jam packed with action and back and forth drama (albeit with a side order of defensive cock ups). A rematch of a 4-4 back and forth encounter should sell well.

Fourthly, there's the chance of extra football for the ticket if it goes to extra time/penalties.

Fifthly, it could see the home debut of our new manager.

Five, imo, good reasons that ticket prices don't need to be £10 to get a crowd.

I can see your points, and I hope your right as evening games at Withdean can be great, especially with ET and Penos looming. I just dont think that we will get may people along to it unless we get a result on Sunday (unlikley) or get a big name manager in. (I dont think people like Gannon or Cotterill would bring in the crowd.)

Even £15 would have been better!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Paint Trophy quarter final last year = tenner = 6000+ crowd

FAC Round 1 last year = £18 = 2500

Piss poor

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wycombe reduced what are already cheaper ticket prices for saturdays game, and i believe entrance was about £12 for an adult!
On their site, an adult ticket for them is £18, cant see more than 60 or 70 coming down for that!
As a sth, seems bloody expensive to shell out whatever the st's cost, plus another £50 to watch your team reach round 2 of the f.a cup:ohmy:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Let's not moan everyone, it's not as if we're in a recession and it's the run up to Christmas or anything....

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I suppose they are trying to make up for the lost revenue from this being potentially the ONLY home cup game of the season!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They could have reduced them a bit more, especially as we have had no cheap JPT games at home this season. I'll still be going though.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Could be a clue here.

As the prices seem bizarre for ex non league Wycombe at home, could they be pricing them knowing a big name will be in the hot seat and therefore a big crowd is virtually guaranteed?

If not seems stupid considering fans lashing out for Southampton and Leeds at home the following Saturday.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Totally rediculous

I went to Wycombe and was charged £18 but will not be attending the reply
I think a boycott of this game is called for to show the club that they cannot charge these unrealistic prices

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Totally rediculous

I went to Wycombe and was charged £18 but will not be attending the reply
I think a boycott of this game is called for to show the club that they cannot charge these unrealistic prices

:badfan:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here