[Albion] Sarmiento

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sarmiento is good but not as good as Enciso who is a very similar player. Do we need both? Especially with Osman coming in.
Yeah, he’s not starred for Ipswich so I can’t see them wanting to spend money on him.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Also seems at the mo Enciso is intent at scoring another wonder goal rather than look for team mate better placed to score.

I know what you are saying but the alternative view is that others need to shoot more as the tippy tappy around the box trying to walk it in is not working

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#FreeJezzaSarmo

:lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What's Richard going to bring to the club? Is he going to organise the games on the coach or has 'Buzz' been sacked and he's now doing the boot room quiz?
Alternative Osman response 1: Blimey he was pretty slow in his first spell with us In the 90s. Can’t believe he’d be any better now he’s 65.
Alternative Osman response 2: He’s doing a fine job in Suede. Just leave him there.

Last edited:

Being interviewed now on Sky sports news on the Ipswich open top bus

Rest of his team mates singing his chant

Dodged the staying on question

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sarmiento is good but not as good as Enciso who is a very similar player. Do we need both? Especially with Osman coming in.
We've swapped him for Russell Osman ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, Omari Hutchinson is the real deal in that team and Chelsea neèd to sell home grown pllayers, so there's possibly a deal to be done right there.

As for Sarmiento, he is currently a quality impact sub at Championship level, I believe he is a better bench option than what we've had (Peupion, Duffus, Baker-Boatey) but he is improving. His weakness is his shooting, he seems to shoot at the keeper a lot, not in the corners.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Firstly, Omari Hutchinson is the real deal in that team and Chelsea neèd to sell home grown pllayers, so there's possibly a deal to be done right there.

As for Sarmiento, he is currently a quality impact sub at Championship level, I believe he is a better bench option than what we've had (Peupion, Duffus, Baker-Boatey) but he is improving. His weakness is his shooting, he seems to shoot at the keeper a lot, not in the corners.
Absolutely this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

…………but our bench options have only been who they have because of injuries. They’re all U21s in reality.

Actually he has. He has been deliberately used as an impact sub, to extremely good effect. The fans generally love him.
Indeed - the points he won late on got them over the line

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Very good shout.

The only issue here is that Chelsea seem to have dodged FFP by a certain degree by selling their Hotel to themselves for 5 x the value. The c***s.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Problem for Ipswich is that they’ll have to pay pretty big money to retain/buy Hutchinson just to have the same squad strength.
They will have to pay another loan fee I assume for Sarmiento.
I think they have another loan player too. Going to need to be clever with recruitment to be competitive next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Problem for Ipswich is that they’ll have to pay pretty big money to retain/buy Hutchinson just to have the same squad strength.
They will have to pay another loan fee I assume for Sarmiento.
I think they have another loan player too. Going to need to be clever with recruitment to be competitive next season.
Hutchinson returns to Chelsea soon. He only has a deal to 2025. I’m not sure the fee will be massive. Hutchison will be 2nd fiddle to a very young Palmer at the scummy bridge. It might be that he’d prefer being 2nd fiddle to a 30 year old with injury issues……

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Although the stats don’t suggest he’s set the world alight! But good luck to the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports