Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Possibly, but he was under utilised compared to their other loan players

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sarmiento is good but not as good as Enciso who is a very similar player. Do we need both? Especially with Osman coming in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Suggestions are that the original loan deal included him staying for a second season if they got promoted. Doubtless we'll find out if the rumours are right in the next few months.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sarmiento doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. I love Enciso, but he's so easy to take the ball
away from.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Sarmiento doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. I love Enciso, but he's so easy to take the ball
away from.
Also seems at the mo Enciso is intent at scoring another wonder goal rather than look for team mate better placed to score.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Sarmiento is good but not as good as Enciso who is a very similar player. Do we need both? Especially with Osman coming in.
Whether he is good enough to make it as a regular in the prem is a different queswtion, but this seasons injury list shows why we would want another player of his type. Ensico is still learning, Osman untried in the prem. Having a squad that goes past first choice and his understudy would be a good thing.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Enciso may not have time to get up to speed before the end of the season but for me he has looked like our only goal threat even with little playing time and being nowhere near fit. I also like Sarmiento but he got injured as often as Webster which is a concern.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Also seems at the mo Enciso is intent at scoring another wonder goal rather than look for team mate better placed to score.

I prefer a player who wants to score a wonder goal over one who wants to walk it into the net, pass it back, smash it over the bar or pass the buck when an opportunity arises :shrug:

Sarmiento also brings a goal threat imo

I am already bored with OGs being our top scorer :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If he’s not a regular starting player in the Championship, for either of his loan teams, then I’m not sure what he’d offer in the PL.

Don’t want to be unduly negative, but he’s 22 in the summer, which is significant as he would take one of the 25 squad places.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If he’s not a regular starting player in the Championship, for either of his loan teams, then I’m not sure what he’d offer in the PL.

Don’t want to be unduly negative, but he’s 22 in the summer, which is significant as he would take one of the 25 squad places.
I've watched a few of Ipswich's matches and every time he's come on, he's changed the game 100%.
So I think he was used as such by Ipswich - and not because he's not up to standard.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will Sarmiento be worth more to Ipswich than us next season…..?
We won’t know unless they start producing mugs and rigging our POTS award

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports