[Albion] Sarmiento

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's their problem , not ours !
I'm sure they will ask is if we wouldn't mind keeping him for another season.

I have a feeling our reply is likely to be "who?"

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I just think that for so many matches this season, we've had to fill in that left wing position with a player blatantly out of position. Milner has been out there Pedro there (who ok would look ok anywhere, but, it's meant he's not been in the middle where he gets his goals). Lamptey has had a go there. Barco in recent weeks, who again, very promising, but i'm not sure he's going to unlock a PL defence. We've had Facu out wide on the right, pushing Adingra out on the left, again i'm not a fan of this. We've had Fati there for a time, who has done very very little for us

To me, Jeremy would be above all of those options at left wing. I think had we not loaned him, he'd have made about 20 to 25 apps. Easily enough to justify keeping him here.

But I think and this is a guess, there's something behind the scenes going on, which is why we won't see him back here.
You aren’t a fan of Adingra in his best and natural position?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You aren’t a fan of Adingra in his best and natural position?
I am. But lack of options has meant that facu has been filling in on the right.

We've had about 20 matches this season where we've been short of wing options and have had to move a player tona position where they visibly struggle.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Although the stats don’t suggest he’s set the world alight! But good luck to the lad.

3 goals 2 assists in 20 games coming off the bench. So 1 in 4 games he has a goal contribution averaging less than half a game per appearance on the wing. I'd say those are pretty good stats to be honest, and still only 21. Where was Gykores again at 21? Oh, he'd just achieved 5 goals and one assist in 34 games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am. But lack of options has meant that facu has been filling in on the right.

We've had about 20 matches this season where we've been short of wing options and have had to move a player tona position where they visibly struggle.
Guess that’s why they wanted Kudus he would have been better off with us than West sham.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
3 goals 2 assists in 20 games coming off the bench. So 1 in 4 games he has a goal contribution averaging less than half a game per appearance on the wing. I'd say those are pretty good stats to be honest, and still only 21. Where was Gykores again at 21? Oh, he'd just achieved 5 goals and one assist in 34 games.
If you listen to Ipswich fan Nick Ames on (towards the end of) the most recent Guardian Football Weekly, he was very positive about JS' contribution.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha. That's cool. I hope the young lad who threw his phone, is actually caught IN the photo!

I watched quite a few of Ipswich's games in the run in, and Sarmiento's contribution was definitely more important than the raw stats suggest.

The tricky game away at Coventry for example, he came on when Ipswich had just conceded an equaliser, and looked to be struggling - and completely changed the game with his direct running.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I just think that for so many matches this season, we've had to fill in that left wing position with a player blatantly out of position. Milner has been out there Pedro there (who ok would look ok anywhere, but, it's meant he's not been in the middle where he gets his goals). Lamptey has had a go there. Barco in recent weeks, who again, very promising, but i'm not sure he's going to unlock a PL defence. We've had Facu out wide on the right, pushing Adingra out on the left, again i'm not a fan of this. We've had Fati there for a time, who has done very very little for us

To me, Jeremy would be above all of those options at left wing. I think had we not loaned him, he'd have made about 20 to 25 apps. Easily enough to justify keeping him here.

But I think and this is a guess, there's something behind the scenes going on, which is why we won't see him back here.

I got slated in another thread for saying this but I am pretty confident Jeremy would have contributed as much as Fati has this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports