Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Richards

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What are we doing? Thats both Harding & Richo slipped through our fingers and gone to lesser clubs. We better have a decent left back in mind because this is getting worrying.

I always thought Richo would end up back here, or at least hoped he would.

We have a better left back in Joel Lynch

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It won't stand for much, but he could take a penality... need i remnd you of the 24th September?

Nicky-Number-Nine

Jul 7, 2009
In order of how good they are:

Richards
Harding
Lynch
McNulty

Why would be want Richards or Harding when we have two better left backs. That is of course if Joel stays.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I can't believe some of the shite posted on here. Richards was a decent left back for us and more than adequate at this level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't believe some of the shite posted on here. Richards was a decent left back for us and more than adequate at this level.

Every time I saw him, he was decent(ish) going forward and absolutely woeful defensively. Painfully slow and beaten by his winger-opponent 9 times out of 10.

That's why people don't rate him.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
We have a better left back in Joel Lynch

There's two things there though. Firstly is Lynch beter than Richo at left back? Personally I don't think so but I know that it is arguable to say the least. Secondly, even if Lynch is better than Richo I'm unsure I'd want a player who wanted out to play over a player that is giving his all regardless of how good he was.

Just my opinion and it may be because Richo wanted to play for Brighton and Lynch doesn't so it may be biased to an extent.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Every time I saw him, he was decent(ish) going forward and absolutely woeful defensively. Painfully slow and beaten by his winger-opponent 9 times out of 10.

That's why people don't rate him.

Well every time i saw him he was fine positionally, and pace was ok. He was left horribly exposed by the midfield on many occasions and a couple of the better wingers in the division had his mark, but that's hardly a disaster.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Lynch is a quick, skillful centre half but a WOEFUL left-back - just ask the Forest fans who've been watching him last season. I find it astonishing that anyone could think he is a better option at LB than Richards. As others have mentioned, his attitude also sucks. I'd take Richards any day of the week although McNulty, once he's 100% fit, will again be a better option.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lynch is a quick, skillful centre half but a WOEFUL left-back - just ask the Forest fans who've been watching him last season. I find it astonishing that anyone could think he is a better option at LB than Richards. As others have mentioned, his attitude also sucks. I'd take Richards any day of the week although McNulty, once he's 100% fit, will again be a better option.

Ask the forest fans that say he played a big part in keeping them up with his forward play (According to them he has a fantastic cross on him), Richards is f***ing awful, sorry but he is he always got pissed all over by the opposition wingers going forward he was ok but there was never any end product.
I'd take Lynch over Richards 10000000x's over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here