How do you pronounce Gus Poyet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you pronounce Gus Poyet?

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Poyet, ovbiously, Poyay sounds retarded. If I ever meet him I'm going to say his name correctly though, I bet no one ever does. :angel:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
its not up for debate , its poyET he said on tv a while back and poyay is just wrong , i think it was goals on Sunday, anyone have the clip ?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
in the song people sing poyay which is plain wrong ,talking generally its completey wrong saying poyay , i'm sorry but you just seem like a moron saying poyay .

Poy-et or Poy-ey?
out of interest what do you say , if poyay change your ways :lolol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
How should one correctly pronounce this?

Screenshot_7_03.jpg

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

Screenshot_7_03.jpg

its not how you pronounce other words its how you say 'poyet' and he has come out and openly said you should pronounce the 't' .
i think it shows a lack of respect repeatedly saying his name wrong even after he has told people how to pronounce it .

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
its not how you pronounce other words its how you say 'poyet' and he has come out and openly said you should pronounce the 't' .
i think it shows a lack of respect repeatedly saying his name wrong even after he has told people how to pronounce it .

Haha, I wasn't making any point about Poyet's name at all, just wondering if people knew the right answer. Which in this case, is Mo-wett.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Screenshot_7_03.jpg
How do you pronounce this?

1cb12b71-611a-4c64-86b5-6ea58beb86b9.jpg

Poyay just makes you sound like David Pleat.
But, since some of our fans couldn't even say the name of Nicky Forster, we're probably never going to get this right. :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the purposes of the song, Gus Poyay - any other time Gus Poyette

Same as this for me. ^^^^

I know it's the wrong pronounciation and I don't care - it's what the majority know him as. I blame the 90's TV commentators, if they'd got it right in the first place we wouldn't need to have this conversation now.

To get pedantic about poyay/poyet is retarded because we all know they're BOTH wrong. The only valid pedants are those who say Porchette in every situation, everyone else can do one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll tell you what else is winding me up.
Commentators saying Andreas Villasshhh Boasshhh

I don't care if it IS the right way of saying it. It sounds f***ing stoopid.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
World football phone in on 5 a week or so back said it's "Po - gette"

where will it end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports