Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
OK, I may continue to "bash" Starmer then. 😉 More wanting him to be held to account on his position and hypocrisy I would say.
The UK Government doesn’t supply arms directly to Israel but does approve the licences for private companies to export weapons - therefore, neither Starmer nor Sunak are likely to admit that Israel is committing war crimes as that would self-criminate the UK in the eyes of the ICJ - it is illegal to export weapons to countries or states, where there is evidence it enables them to commit war crimes.

Same issue for Biden and the US.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The UK Government doesn’t supply arms directly to Israel but does approve the licences for private companies to export weapons - therefore, neither Starmer nor Sunak are likely to admit that Israel is committing war crimes as that would self-criminate the UK in the eyes of the ICJ - it is illegal to export weapons to countries or states, where there is evidence it enables them to commit war crimes.

Same issue for Biden and the US.
This I agree entirely.

There also is evidence of a Genocide and other war crimes.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This I agree entirely.

There also is evidence of a Genocide and other war crimes.
As I posted a few days ago - that’s not in dispute but your whole argument has been in trying to get Starmer to admit it and call him out for hypocrisy (as per the X tweet you posted above) 🤷‍♂️

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
As I posted a few days ago - that’s not in dispute but your whole argument has been in trying to get Starmer to admit it and call him out for hypocrisy (as per the X tweet you posted above) 🤷‍♂️
😂 ....Well it is (or was) Starmer who's the Human Rights lawyer.

Anyways, I'll leave you to it 👍 I really don't think there's much chance of me getting Starmer to admit to anything 😂

borat

Jul 16, 2003
😂 ....Well it is (or was) Starmer who's the Human Rights lawyer.

Anyways, I'll leave you to it 👍 I really don't think there's much chance of me getting Starmer to admit to anything 😂

He will admit nothing. Starmer lies as liberally as Boris Johnson. His unwavering support of Israel in the last 7 months from a so called former "Human Rights Lawyer" has been nothing short of disgusting.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
May Day in Brighton.
Screenshot_20240505-091035~2.png
Screenshot_20240505-091109~2.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That’s a brilliant Guernica tapestry!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm confused about this 'deal'.

It's not a deal is it ? It's a proposal.

Who proposed the 'deal' which Hamas seems to have accepted ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So despite all the talk, Israel’s Government isn’t actually all that bothered about getting the hostages back then?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm confused about this 'deal'.

It's not a deal is it ? It's a proposal.

Who proposed the 'deal' which Hamas seems to have accepted ?
It’s a deal that was brokered by Qatar and Egypt who have been mediating these proposals from the start with US input - Both Israel and Hamas have been bouncing them back with conditions of their own. Hamas’s main condition has been to end the fighting/for IDF to withdraw from Gaza. Israel on the other hand, has had no intention of agreeing to any ceasefire that required they withdraw troops from Gaza. More recently, both Hamas, Qatar and Egypt (and I think the States) were using stopping a ground invasion on Rafah as a condition but again, Israel has all along said, regardless of any ceasefire, the ground invasion of Rafah would go ahead (in the face of international condemnation and concern for the million Gazan refuges still sheltering there having been evacuated from other parts of Gaza).
So despite all the talk, Israel’s Government isn’t actually all that bothered about getting the hostages back then?
No, the main and overriding agenda was always to ‘destroy’ Hamas - it’s just taken Israelis a while to realise Netanyahu had no intention of negotiating their release unless he could continue with his bombardment of Gaza - Hamas has cottoned on to the fact that even if they release the hostages, Israel will not negotiate a permanent ceasefire.

The Rafah crossing (which was re-opened in recent months to let through limited aid and evacuate seriously injured Gazans to Egypt (usually jointly controlled by Israel, Egypt and Hamas authorities) has been taken over by the IDF on the Gazan side and is now closed

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Netenyahu and his Cabinet reject ceasefire proposal

Hamas have rejected every deal for months.
Then immediately after Israel agreed a deal, Hamas adjusted & announced to the press that they'd agreed to their own deal. That Israel hadn't seen.
I haven't seen you post once about Hamas repeatedly refusing ceasefires, or the fact that the October 7th massacres happened during a ceasefire.
Why's that?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Hamas have rejected every ceasefire for months. Israel say no to one & there're "not all that bothered about getting the hostages back"
Weird

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hamas have rejected every ceasefire for months. Israel say no to one & there're "not all that bothered about getting the hostages back"
Weird
There's nothing "weird" about the statement at all. Israel has always relied on Hamas rejecting any deal for a ceasefire that suits Israel's wants. Even now Netanyahu is too stupid to realise that :

a. The only chance of getting the remaining living hostages back alive is to agree a ceasefire
b. Every child that has lost a parent or sibling is now more likely to become the next generation Hamas fighter. Israel can't destroy Hamas and everything they are currently doing is just breeding hatred and further insecurity for Israel. Then, of course, Netanyahu has never been known as a very intelligent politician.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There's nothing "weird" about the statement at all. Israel has always relied on Hamas rejecting any deal for a ceasefire that suits Israel's wants. Even now Netanyahu is too stupid to realise that :

a. The only chance of getting the remaining living hostages back alive is to agree a ceasefire
b. Every child that has lost a parent or sibling is now more likely to become the next generation Hamas fighter. Israel can't destroy Hamas and everything they are currently doing is just breeding hatred and further insecurity for Israel. Then, of course, Netanyahu has never been known as a very intelligent politician.
So, Hamas rejecting every ceasefire for months deemed not worthy of comment. Israel rejecting just one is stupid.
Still weird

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, Hamas rejecting every ceasefire for months deemed not worthy of comment. Israel rejecting just one is stupid.
Still weird
In the cold light of day Hamas holds the hostages (it's why they took them - as a bargaining chip) - Israel has two choices :

1. Agree a ceasefire and get the hostages back
2. Continue the war and probably see the remaining hostages killed.

If it were my family that had someone held by Hamas I'd most definitely be going for option one.

Hamas rejecting a ceasefire puts themselves in no worse situation than if they accepted it. The innocent people of Israel and Gaza murdered by both sides are those that suffer - not the combatants.

Reactions: A1X

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
In the cold light of day Hamas holds the hostages (it's why they took them - as a bargaining chip) - Israel has two choices :

1. Agree a ceasefire and get the hostages back
2. Continue the war and probably see the remaining hostages killed.

If it were my family that had someone held by Hamas I'd most definitely be going for option one.

Hamas rejecting a ceasefire puts themselves in no worse situation than if they accepted it. The innocent people of Israel and Gaza murdered by both sides are those that suffer - not the combatants.
So where is the motivation for Hamas not to keep repeating Oct 7th? As they've promised to do

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So where is the motivation for Hamas not to keep repeating Oct 7th? As they've promised to do
There is none obviously ( maybe the promise of a two state solution might be an incentive ! ). Yet Hamas have just stated around this agreement "A senior Palestinian official familiar with the proposal told the BBC that Hamas had agreed to end "hostile activity forever" if the conditions were met.".

And equally - as I've already pointed out - and you have decided not comment on, is the Israeli murder of families that will just breed the next generation of Hamas fighter. It isn't possible to wipe out Hamas if you continue to attack the very people they claim to govern. It's just plain stupid to expect to wipe out Hamas for ever through violence - better to create two states then Hamas will vanish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here