[Football] Football rumour - Erik ten Hag will be sacked at end of season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Doing the rounds…apols if fixtures

Erik ten Hag walks into a bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"

Ten Hag:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Erik ten Hag, Manager of Manchester United”.

Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Ten Hag: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Hag but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Ten Hag:"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"

Erik stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Ten Hag?”

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Why are Man U taking so long to sack him and Steve McLaren, should have primed someone to take over from Fergie , as they were aware he was going to retire. What about the Ipswich or 'Boro manager ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Man Utd vs Arsenal match on the weekend is shaping up to be unmissable. Either Arsenal are going to spank them (which will be hilarious) or Man Utd will somehow get a result and possibly keep Ten Hag in a job (which will also be hilarious).

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
The Man Utd vs Arsenal match on the weekend is shaping up to be unmissable. Either Arsenal are going to spank them (which will be hilarious) or Man Utd will somehow get a result and possibly keep Ten Hag in a job (which will also be hilarious).
It’s a win win 😂 unless they figure out a way so they both lose, that would be amazing (city also have to lose, (basically can we just win this weekend?))

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why are Man U taking so long to sack him and Steve McLaren, should have primed someone to take over from Fergie , as they were aware he was going to retire. What about the Ipswich or 'Boro manager ?
They did. David Moyes - for some reason the fans and the players weren't having it, and the United board caved in instead of giving him time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They did. David Moyes - for some reason the fans and the players weren't having it, and the United board caved in instead of giving him time.
He was anointed as the successor by Sir Alex and I'm sure the board didn't feel they could go against him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is going to be like Louis van Gaal's sacking. Wins the FA Cup and the unofficial news of his sacking comes before they've lifted the trophy.
He won’t win the FA Cup.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’ve got a feeling Potter will end up there. Maybe Utd are just waiting to get Ashworth through the door. It would seem logical for them to work together again and GP reportedly turning down a club of Ajax’s stature suggests he has something lined up.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I’ve got a feeling Potter will end up there. Maybe Utd are just waiting to get Ashworth through the door. It would seem logical for them to work together again and GP reportedly turning down a club of Ajax’s stature suggests he has something lined up.
potter would be a disaster. if ten hag can’t managed the egos in that squad there’s no way potter would be able to. can’t think of a bunch of players he’d be less well suited to managing, actually. they’re the reason man utd are in this crisis, a couple of bad results and the toxicity starts and then they all collectively decide to down tools and get whoever the manager is sacked. potter wouldn’t last six months.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hilarious, I mean It would be. He couldn’t handle the Chelsea ego’s the manure lot are a whole different ball game.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Hilarious, I mean It would be. He couldn’t handle the Chelsea ego’s the manure lot are a whole different ball game.
I actually think it would be a good move for them.

They need a complete re-build and to develop a new identity. He is very good at a project like that i think (providing he has the time). They should forget about winning anything for a few years and just focus on building a system.

Their overly entitled fans won't allow it though.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I actually think Dyche would be a good appointment.

Not one to take any crap from over entitled players and is a solid manager

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They need a complete re-build and to develop a new identity. He is very good at a project like that i think (providing he has the time). They should forget about winning anything for a few years and just focus on building a system.

Exactly this.

That fanbase need to realise they are not the Manchester United we all grew up despising. The Treble, the Class of '92, Fergie time - that's all ancient history, relatively speaking.

What they are now is a sometimes better than average top half Premier League team with a disjointed squad, a stadium with its own water feature and a history of onboarding ineffective managers.

Until they get out of their own shadow they will be in this state of constant "But...but...we're UNITED!!"

And long may it continue. I sometimes wonder how the United fans I had to listen to at school feel now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
potter would be a disaster. if ten hag can’t managed the egos in that squad there’s no way potter would be able to. can’t think of a bunch of players he’d be less well suited to managing, actually. they’re the reason man utd are in this crisis, a couple of bad results and the toxicity starts and then they all collectively decide to down tools and get whoever the manager is sacked. potter wouldn’t last six months.
My money is on Potter

Most these players will be sold / don't have a future.

It's if you trust him with a rebuild rather than can he manage the egos

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Potter will be installed as head coach. It’ll be made clear to everyone (and the players) that he is just there to prepare and set up the side to play the ‘United’ way. All other footballing issues will be passed to Wilcox & Ashworth. (#maynotbetrue).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Potter will be installed as head coach. It’ll be made clear to everyone (and the players) that he is just there to prepare and set up the side to play the ‘United’ way. All other footballing issues will be passed to Wilcox & Ashworth. (#maynotbetrue).
Sounds like some of the pub talk from the last curry night at Wetherspoons 🤔

You weren't the guy choking on the naan bread were you?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually think it would be a good move for them.

This. Going for Ashworth indicated Ratcliffe is aiming to completely restructure the place. Whether they can do it without breaching PSR I'm not sure, but the aim is surely to rip up the squad and start again. Potter's reputation might not satisfy the fans but it'd be surprising if Ashworth's not keen to get him in, given his ability to develop players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports