[Football] Football rumour - Erik ten Hag will be sacked at end of season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Southgate will be busy at the Euro's, shirley?

I have a major SCOOP that Mourinho wanted the job but has been turned down already

Tuchel wouldn't be a bad shout but did poorly at Munich
Tuchel has done pretty well in the CL with Bayern. He still might win the thing this season. In the league, he's just come against a Leverkusen side who are doing things that pretty much no other team has done before.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One thing I will praise ETH for, he was the only manager in a decade prepared to stand up to Cristiano Ronaldo and tell him to f*** off, a man who should have spent far more of his life being told to go f*** himself has rarely been seen

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
One thing I will praise ETH for, he was the only manager in a decade prepared to stand up to Cristiano Ronaldo and tell him to f*** off, a man who should have spent far more of his life being told to go f*** himself has rarely been seen
Absolutely, ETH I believe is a good solid manager but the players have thrown him and previous managers under the bus

Reactions: A1X

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That's the weird thing about United/ETH. Didn't he get them to third last season, or something? They seem to go through big spells of shite form, but then turn it around and go on good runs.

Really weird, especially given – on paper – the quality players they have. Or maybe they ARE just shitehouse?
Rashford scored 30 odd goals last season bailed him out.

They went large on the next Haaland and it hasn’t paid off.

Add to the fact they have no identity and have been beating at home too easily they have completely lost the fear factor.

Long May it continue.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The impression you get is that Ten Hag has a really poor relationship with his players. I'm just basing that on the results his team achieves., the body language of everyone on the pitch, in the dugout and technical area, and the interviews you see before and after games. No doubt MUFC will roll the dice again pretty soon but I can't see them being Champions League regulars any time in the near future.
That's a pretty astute observation because it really does get to the heart of his problems. When he arrived he made a big deal about creating a culture, and that being a key feature of his management style. If he has a poor relationship with is players and staff, and people aren't buying into his culture, then he's clearly going to struggle to get the best out his team.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He says he doesn’t have the players to play the Ajax way surely that’s why he was hired in the first place to build a squad to play with an identity.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well, the BBC seem to possibly be listening to the OP as they have also picked up on the story:

What I am LOVING about that gossip page is that for the first time in ages Albion players and manager don’t appear in a single rumour! YAY!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think one of Ten Hag's biggest problems is that, like Potter, he lacks charisma.
Once it became clear that he didn't have a magic wand it was easy for the media to pile in. And pile in they have. Every single day his job and future is speculated on by the media.

There's a case to be made that he should stay for next season as well as a case that he should be sacked. If he had the media on side they'd all be arguing he should keep his job.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I think one of Ten Hag's biggest problems is that, like Potter, he lacks charisma.
Once it became clear that he didn't have a magic wand it was easy for the media to pile in. And pile in they have. Every single day his job and future is speculated on by the media.

There's a case to be made that he should stay for next season as well as a case that he should be sacked. If he had the media on side they'd all be arguing he should keep his job.
Banning various media outlets from press conferences was never going to help him win the media over

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best option I heard on the radio was to sack him after the Albion defeat and get in Sir Alex just for the cup final.
All but that was some idiot from Talkshite though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports