DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Guinness Boy said:
And you have to live where exactly to have a valid opinion?

Well that's us Overseas Barmy Army off I'm afraid lads. No more posts from us. No more logging in at midnight or 7 in the morning for crackly 2nd rate radio commentary, we haven't a clue.

So let's narrow it down. Britain obviously. Oh hang on I just remembered, there's those Alba lot and they all deserted the Albion for chilly jocko land. Um except the ones that were born there. Still way too North to have an opinion if you ask me Earnest old chap. How can they possibly know what's going on all the way up there?

South East England? Well there are the Seagulls Over London and they might have Palarse tendancies.

Brighton then. To have an opinion you must live in Brighton. Actually, hang on that would let all the gays and binners have an opinion though wouldn't it. Can't have that.

That leaves..well your place really doesn't it. I hereby start the movement to have this board renamed North Stand Earnest.

You f***ing slice.

You are the slice you muppet , how can you talk about something you know nothing about ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ernest said:
You are the slice you muppet , how can you talk about something you know nothing about ?

Since when has knowing something been a pre-requisite for talking on here? You've made a career out of talking a load of bollocks.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ernest said:

How does where you live interfere with having an opinion on whether dick knight has done a good job for the albion or not, and whether he should stay on as chairman or go?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You really are a waste of space Ernest.
Do you think you're funny ? Are you under the misguided belief that people think you are a real "character" on here ? Do you get off on coming across as a complete fool all the time ?

You're boring. You 've proved you are incapable of proper debate. Your posts are worthless, repetative nonsense, and I find myself glazing over as soon as I see them. Update your act, or find something better to do with your time, for all our sakes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To comment on the team's performance you have to watch them week in week out granted.

To comment on the finer points of football finance, business and the league post ITV Digital you should first have the ability to breathe without dribbling.

Nurse, I think Ernie needs another wipe :eek:

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
You really are a waste of space Ernest.
Do you think you're funny ? Are you under the misguided belief that people think you are a real "character" on here ? Do you get off on coming across as a complete fool all the time ?

You're boring. You 've proved you are incapable of proper debate. Your posts are worthless, repetative nonsense, and I find myself glazing over as soon as I see them. Update your act, or find something better to do with your time, for all our sakes.

Not half as boring as you with your tongue so far up Knights arse you're tickling his tonsils.
You haven't a clue about Knight and the damage he has done/doing to the club with his dictatorship and when he has finished he will be hated more than Archer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ernest said:
Not half as boring as you with your tongue so far up Knights arse you're tickling his tonsils.
You haven't a clue about Knight and the damage he has done/doing to the club with his dictatorship and when he has finished he will be hated more than Archer.

Of course he will.

Bless you for finally getting me to see the light-now. I'll be forever in your debt for allowing me to see that Dick Knight is destroying this club and justifiably will be hated more than Archer could ever dream of.

I didn't realise what an absolute waste of space Dick Tight is. I feel cleansed, it's almost a religious experience.

Thank you ernest. Thank you.

Twat!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just caught up on this thread.

Thanks for your comments Easy,Im not jumping on any bandwagon as I ve been Blue and White for 30 years now.
But someone answered my question about who the manager was who let DK down at the last minute.

One more question springs to mind

If he let down DK at the last minute,why the panic to appoint MH the same day?

After all we were about to embark on our Div 1 campaign,which in a way was vital to the club,whatever people say on here,as no one can argue Div1 football is a lot more sellable to the people of Sky,for financial reasons,and more importantly to the Anti Falmer brigade,as Div 1 Football Club looks a lot better on your CV than just been relegated into Div 2 and struggling to fill there home ground!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Charlies Shinpad said:
Just caught up on this thread.
Bloody hell, did you have a spare couple of hours then ?! ;)

In answer to your point - I think we all know Dick made a mistake appointing Hinsh, simple as that. It was the cheap option, it didn't work out. Its one of the few cock-ups the fella has made, but there's no getting away from the fact that, for one reason or another, Knight dropped the ball that summer.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Ernest - if you take your cue from what u read in the Argus then it's no wonder you're misinformed.

Stoaty - good point. Rollercoaster ride is right and supporting Brighton is like being on the PepsiMax (is that what it's called?).

We had 2 brilliant years, back-2- back championships for Christ sake, and it was awesome.

Now we're having a couple of bad ones, but if Falmer is granted and I fervently hope it will be, then that will be the time to see if DK has the financial acumen to carry us forward.

But I don't think anyone should criticise him for what he has done so far in terms of keeping Brighton afloat as a going concern.

We are having a bad run, but so do all clubs, and I think we were perhaps in a false league position, mainly because of the ability of Steve Coppell to get the best out of a small squad of mediocre players (Knight, Cullip and Kuipers excepted).

I am quite happy to hang on in their for just a couple of months, hopefully then we'll see a mini cash injection for players to get us back into the promotion frame.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10, well done for your initial post. It might be an idea if we got a mod to remove everything else written in this thread, and leave your comments as a sticky at the top of NSC for all the detractors to read before speaking the usual rubbish.

Simple economics here - investors only invest in stocks they believe are set to be profitable, either in the short term, or long dated. No investor will invest in a product or stock that has a high risk. Right now, the chance of failure of the Falmer plan is high risk. Hence there is actually no big queue of investors waiting in the wings right now.

However, for the benefit of the detractors who tend to rely on their best friend, Mr Hindsight, upon which to base there arguments, let's withdraw this element of HIGH risk from the argument, and let's say that the Falmer application has been approved, and we have a stadium........

Has that queue of investors that are supposedly waiting in the wings suddenly appeared? No. We need to look at this realistically from the point of investors. The bubble of football as a bull stock market sector has burst. City investors no longer see football as a viable form of profit or return, recommendations on most football stocks are now only SELL, and as such, this kind of sentiment filters into the mainstream very easily, into investor reports. Investors are not stupid. They look at cases very closely, examine the risk return ratios, look at sectors in general, and decide whether there really is REAL profit to be taken. When they do, they see only one example of a healthy football stock - Man Utd.

What we're after is not investors, because they will look at every club outside the Premiership and only see a lot of risk, and little realistic reward. What we need is people, like Norman Cook, who only committed money to the club once he was suree there was stability and sensible business acumen in position, people who are DONATORS, who are happy to give to the club, safe in the knowledge that their money will be used wisely for the greater good of the club.

Yes, Dick Knight has made some wrong decisions, but he's made a lot more great ones, and I am wholly behind what he is doing for the club, and the way he is leading the club.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gotsmanov said:
Easy 10, well done for your initial post. It might be an idea if we got a mod to remove everything else written in this thread, and leave your comments as a sticky at the top of NSC for all the detractors to read before speaking the usual rubbish.
Cheers for the comments Gotsmanov, but the last thing I'd want is for mods to delete other peoples posts, no matter how much I disagree with them. I did get wound up and maybe flew off the handle a bit at some, but the whole point of this is to open it out into a debate. I was just angry and speaking my mind, which is what most people do on here !

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

fatboy said:
I don't like that argument.

It is like saying Robbie Reinelt should have a guaranteed spot in the starting line up.

Thats a ridiculous statement.

Charlies Shinpad said:
someone answered my question about who the manager was who let DK down at the last minute.

One more question springs to mind

If he let down DK at the last minute,why the panic to appoint MH the same day?
I would guess that it was for several reasons -

DK had already got the feel for the market place, having spent weeks looking for someone;

The Press Conference had already been announced;

To tell everyone that things had fallen apart would damage his credibility at a time when he was feeling generally beleaguered anyway - and make it even more difficult to find a suitable candidate;

Coppell wasn't prepared to step in at such short notice, but would take a few weeks to bring on board;

Hinsh might just have made a good job of it.

With hindsight, we can all say it was a mistake. I think at the time he had his doubts too. But what chairman doesn't?

Great Original Post Easy 10 :clap2:
Great thread also, shows the majority of Albion fans are still well behind the current board and DK.

I remember DK's pledge when he took over that he would bring brighter days to the Albion...to my mind he has already achieved this and will continue to do so for hese reasons:

1) Bringing the club back from the brink to a sound and maintainable football club (not easy in the worst climate for football in ages)
2) Returning the club to Brighton
3) For getting rid of Arch*r
4) Hiring one of the finest managers this club has ever had
5) Two wonderfull championship seasons returning us back to Div 1 for a season.
6) For proving Falmer is financially viable for the city of Brighton & Hove
7) For getting planning permission for Falmer
8) *Future* For getting us through the public enquiry that gives this club the only lifeline it has of returning to former glory days and ability to give a platform where the club can maintain a consistant club playing at the top levels of english football.

In summary: Dick Knight is on my list of all-time hero's...there's nothing that will ever get him off it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There ARE people who wish to invest in the club but will not because of the constraints that would be placed upon them. If you had the money would you give the club £20million and have the same say as a man who has given a great deal less. No if you provided the bulk of the money you would want the major say in how it was spent.

Rumour has it that the money received from Reading for Coppell was used to pay the solicitors because they refused to attend any more hearings if they were not paid immediately. I can neither confirm nor deny that rumour but I am sure that somebody can.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BensGrandad said:
There ARE people who wish to invest in the club but will not because of the constraints that would be placed upon them

Rumour has it that the money received from Reading for Coppell was used to pay the solicitors because they refused to attend any more hearings if they were not paid immediately. I can neither confirm nor deny that rumour but I am sure that somebody can.
Again it comes back to the same point Bensgrandad - who exactly ARE these people who are itching to pump money into the club ? Why do they not make it known ? Where is this supposed "takeover bid" going to come from ?

It's all rumour and hearsay, and just doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. If some bloke comes up and says "I will put x million pounds into the Albion in return for a place on the board and a controlling interest" , then we've got something to discuss. Until that happens though and someone goes public with their proposals, I'll continue to back Dick to the hilt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports