DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right, Charlies Shinpad. As you're one of the few thats bothered coming up with something other than senseless abuse and rubbish, I've taken the time to address each of your points.

"IF DK had appointed SC at the beginning of last season instead of MH we wouldnt be where we are today,we would have had no need to sell BZ,although BZ would have gone at sometime,but no doubt a better price for a Div 1 striker than a Div 2 striker, and could of bought the likes of Ingarmarsson(£100,000)"

Ifs and buts. You present this as though it were fact. Zamora went in the summer after we'd been relegated to D2 - had we survived by the skin of our teeth on that final day, how can you possible assume we'd somehow have got a larger fee for him ? Transfers fees are not dictated depending on what division the club is kicking off in. Its dependent on the PLAYER for christs sake.

"So in a way DK is to blame as he keeps the purse strings so tight that he thought he could take the easy and cheapest option and appoint from within"

Dick made a mistake in appointing Hinsh, no dispute there. But you still don't seem to understand quite why DK has to keep a grasp on the purse strings at the Albion...do you honestly think he's out spending all the money he saves on yachts and Ferrari's or something ? We are SOLVENT because of Dicks prudence, and therefore a far more attractive proposition for future investers in the club than some wreck of a club like Notts County or Huddersfield.

"At the end of the day it his is fault we are in Div 2 by not appointing the right man in the first place,and as a footnote making no attempt to keep him when Reading came in,contrary to what DK said about prolonged discussions etc etc".

At the end of the day, its THANKS TO Knight we are in Div 2 right now, but it seems for some right now, that is simply not good enough. Remember where we were when he came in, cos I do. We've had a taste of Div 1 and that seems to have warped some minds into thinking we somehow have a right to be playing there right now, despite the fact that we can't get more than 7,000 into our athletics track "stadium". And don't even bother with the "we could have kept Coppell" rhetoric, thats a whole seperate issue that will just sidetrack the whole thrust of this thread.

Bottom line - until Falmer, we have NO RIGHT to expect anything better than D2 football. If some of you can't live with that, then I suggest you start looking elsewhere for a team to support, cos you're in the wrong place right now if you are expecting us to be competing in Division 1 with the current set-up. THATS the reality.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do the people whou shout, 'get your wallet out Knight' realise how f***ing RETARDED THEY LOOK?

Yes gents, you look like complete twats who have absolutely no idea about anything.

Posting posting Easy, it's hard to accept that some people would rather see Knight leave after everything he's done for the club.

Short memories still evident at the Withdean.

Remind me who you are at the meet up and I'll go in the oppisite direction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
Or maybe we are just very passionate fans easy:lolol:
No dispute there Berkshire. If we wern't this passionate, I severely doubt we'd even HAVE an Albion to support.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Right to all i am tired of this crap and will not be posting again on these knight subjects as its pointless no matter what way you look at it.:blush:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Easy 10 said:
You see, this is the level of intellect we are working with here. According to Farang, Dick has brought in Leon so that we can re-sell him for £500k in 2 years time - and this is apparently a "BAD THING" somehow.

If in two years time we can get half a million for Leon, I'd have to assume he'd have served us pretty well and scored an absolute bucktetload of goals for us. We'd have had 2 years service from an excellent young striker who we paid relative peanuts for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just say we did get £500,000 for leon do you really think dick tight will re-invest that money into the playing side ? To right he wouldn't.

Dick tight is loving it at the moment because we cant do no wrong in making money out of players and mangers.

But the time will come when our players will be worthless. We are on the slide and you no it I know it and everyone else knows it. Dick fecked up last season by bringing henchlewood in and not coppell, Yes dick tight had the chance to bring in coppell but decided against it because he was thinking..........I'll get hinch and save buckets of money. But why did tight put up season tickets by 20% for ? After he said we'll need a top coach and yop players and to do that I've put season tickets up ? ****!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DK has put £1.5 million into the club and you have put in the price of a season ticket. Season tickets went up by 20% because Zamora, Kuipers, Carpenter, Cullip etc were on new contracts and they cost extra money, as did signing the likes of Kitson, Butters, Rodger and Blackwell.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
El Presidente said:
DK has put £1.5 million into the club and you have put in the price of a season ticket. Season tickets went up by 20% because Zamora, Kuipers, Carpenter, Cullip etc were on new contracts and they cost extra money, as did signing the likes of Kitson, Butters, Rodger and Blackwell.

Ok, But Zamora has gone, Coppell has gone, Brooker has gone and we got relegated to the 2nd but the season tickets still went up yet again. Can you please tell me why they have ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The reason why prices have gone up is that the Sky money for second division clubs is far less than for first division. On top of that even though season ticket prices were very high last season the club still made significant losses. They has originally budgeted for an extra half a million coming in through increasing the capacity of Withdean to 8,000. Unfortunately some of the local wankers scuppered the plans with objections.

I hope this answers your question

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
In response to DK being let down by this supposed manager at the last minute and being forced!!!!!to appoint MH.

So who was this alleged Manager then?

Wouldnt do DKs Credability any harm if he had named and shamed this man,because ultimately those games at the beginnig of last season cost us our Div 1 status,and all this unrest since.

So anyone out there know who he was??

As far as I remember it was the World Cup Cameroon Manager

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
El Presidente said:
The reason why prices have gone up is that the Sky money for second division clubs is far less than for first division. On top of that even though season ticket prices were very high last season the club still made significant losses. They has originally budgeted for an extra half a million coming in through increasing the capacity of Withdean to 8,000. Unfortunately some of the local wankers scuppered the plans with objections.

I hope this answers your question
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why put tickets up by so many % when we will be watching second division football ?

How can we make a loss when we've made £1,000.000 out of Zamore, £230,000 out of coppell, How can we be making a loss ? Dick knight has made sure the money we get from season tickets and sponsers cover the players wages and the Falmer funds.

It doesn't add up I'm afraid.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Zamora money went on barristers fees. The Falmer inquiry has gone on longer than anticipated, and as a consequence the bill had topped £2.5 million. No one wanted to spend this money but the wankers at Lewes Council are responsible for this total farce.

There is a danger that Falmer will not be approved, and if that happens we are totally f***ed. But having one chance is better than none.

Simply an observation ;

How lovely it is for the critics to use hindsight of history to be able to point a collective finger at the terrible wrongdoings that Dick Knight has committed. What an awful, inept dunderhead he really is eh ?
Yep, a couple of poor results on the pitch from the players that wonderboy left behind, and the wolves are baying.

Indeed I wonder at the LESS factually based conjecture (pipe-dreams) that big 'investors' are only drooling in their cheque books to get involved with the Albion. Ohhh yeeeeeaaaaah !

If only DK had been more considerate and left well alone, BHAFC would be SO much better off, CRAWLING in dosh and spanking Manure and Chelski every weekend, in Europe, and Sven in the Sportsman before every home game filling his squad with Albion players !

Oh what an amazing time we would all be having (in our dreams).

Now GET REAL you knockers, EVERY club has a few losses and a period of minor crisis, EVERY club changes manager, players and other staff members. Because we had a nice run of stability, were we due to never ever have a cloud in our sky again, ever ??

Shall I spell it out ? ;

G E E E E T T T T - F * & $^ % N G - R E A A A A A L L L L L L !!

Last edited:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Problem is I think we are in for a rocky season and we're going to have a lot of fair weather fans coming out and taking cheap shots and Knight on this board and SCR. I totally agree with Easy 10's initial post but try to take a balanced view of things with regard to the mistakes he's made. At the end of the day I trust he's got the clubs best interests at heart, and I can therefore forgive him for Hinsh and being a bit naive with regard to giving Mayo and Hart the long term contracts. Lets face it we've had a rollercoaster ride since he took over and I've loved every minute of it despite the ups and downs. Once Falmer gets the green light this club will have a future, and he'll go down as the best chairman this club has ever had.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Easy - great posting but I feel that you are wasting your time. Every time we hit a rocky patch the same old names come up with the same old rubbish - 'Knight Out' 'Open your wallet Potless' etc. Then we get the classic 'He should stand aside to let investers (sic) in'. Then the same old questions get asked like 'Just who are these investors?' but no answers ever come. In about 5 years of reading/posting on this board in its various forms I have only ever seen ONE name mentioned and that was the nutter Purdew (?). The anti-Knight brigade have been asked this question for years and they still can't answer it.

Maybe the question should be more direct:

Berkshire - who are the 'investers' that will come if Knight stands down (please forgive me if it wasn't you who said this about 5 pages ago in this thread)?

Ernest - you are always going on about Knight out. My assumption is that you are a wind-up merchant a la FG or E-Block Ernie (you may even be him). If you are serious who would you have replace Knight? - I want a REAL name of a REAL person.

Somehow I think that, just like Easy 10, I am wasting my time. But it had to be said.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ernest said:
And you know just what is going on when you're in Tokyo ?

And you have to live where exactly to have a valid opinion?

Well that's us Overseas Barmy Army off I'm afraid lads. No more posts from us. No more logging in at midnight or 7 in the morning for crackly 2nd rate radio commentary, we haven't a clue.

So let's narrow it down. Britain obviously. Oh hang on I just remembered, there's those Alba lot and they all deserted the Albion for chilly jocko land. Um except the ones that were born there. Still way too North to have an opinion if you ask me Earnest old chap. How can they possibly know what's going on all the way up there?

South East England? Well there are the Seagulls Over London and they might have Palarse tendancies.

Brighton then. To have an opinion you must live in Brighton. Actually, hang on that would let all the gays and binners have an opinion though wouldn't it. Can't have that.

That leaves..well your place really doesn't it. I hereby start the movement to have this board renamed North Stand Earnest.

You f***ing slice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports