Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Finances

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have I missed something totally here ?

Is there something in the Arsegas about this today ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Club Finances

Tom Hark said:
Sorry, got to disagree. I think the club and the board have every right to defend their good name if it feels it has been subject to serious allegations. NSC is not just 'on the net', it is probably THE forum linking the fans to the club. As such it is massively influential. The trust between the club and the fans is a fragile and critical thing and Ben's Grandad's recent posts have clearly been designed to sow seeds of mistrust and unrest. It would be very interesting to know what his agenda has been in doing this. Apart from anything else, it wouldn't be the first time that The Argus has picked up on something said on NSC, a sub-editor has added a crass headline, and next thing you know it's given ammo to the NIMBYs and other enemies of the club. Good to see Insider putting the club's position on record.

yeah I see your point, maybe I have just a too laid back view of NSC to realise what damage it could do!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Still not sure though whether BensGrandad is just an easily-led bullshitting simpleton or a wilful liar. Swallowing hook line and sinker what some stranger tells you in the pub would suggest the former, but his being mates with Greg Stanley means I'm reserving judgment.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
We see other clubs with new stadiums coming on line and wonder why it has taken so long in our case, and we are still no nearer to the ground being built.

"Puts on tin hat and waits for the flak"

Don't you read the information put out by the club, the documentation from the public enquiry, the ODPM's press releasesm the newspapers, the NIMBYs output etc..

Do you seriously 'wonder why is has taken so long' or are you just shit-stirring too ?? :angry:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Bens Grandad (whoever he really is) has always made it quite clear that he has never liked Dick Knight and has never thought he was the right man to be Chairman. To be fair to him he has always made this point quite well known. He also seems to loath Attila for some reason.
If I can remember old posts (curse the absence of the search facility) he was involved with Greg Stanley, our much missed Chelsea supporting ex-President.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Desert Orchid said:
The Argus would not have printed such a clearly defamatory allegation without proof it was true (which it is not).

Fair comment I thought I read in the thread that there was something in the actual press as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
The Argus would not have printed such a clearly defamatory allegation without proof it was true (which it is not).

They printed enough about that, er, misunderstanding with the bus company not being paid.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
NSC is obviously knockabout stuff, and should allow right to the limit and maybe a bit past of what is deemed "Fair comment" in libel defence. But outright lies of a serious nature about club officials, or for that matter others on here, are fair game if someone wants to sue, in my book.

But that is what the mods are there for, protect the site and the odd idiot from themselves, and none of us want them to get too heavy-handed about it as has happened in the past.

It's good to have at least one mod with a real understanding of libel law, because the ones that don't tend to get shit-scared about it all and remove everything remotely controversial, which is not only dull but not legally necessary.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yeah I am shit stirring..

:yawn:

The point is this is dragging on! For f*** sake we haven't even received a date for the next public enquiry. When you talk to other fans they think it is incredulous that it has taken so long and we still are no where near even knowing if Prescott is going to say yeah or nay.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Tom Hark said:
They printed enough about that, er, misunderstanding with the bus company not being paid.

Quite rightly too. Fans were having their bus tickets refused if you remember. The club didn't seem so keen then though to put a statement on NSC and let rumour run wild for a couple of weeks.

Who is insider anyway?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have thought its Mr Cammlin the clubs press officer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
munster monch said:
Who is insider anyway?

Wouldn't you like to know ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
DtG - Yes, keep your flak jacket on. I cannot believe that you say you've got 'no particular loyalty' to any one set of owners. You say they come and go, whatever, no big deal. I will lend you my copies of 'More than 90 minutes' and 'Build a Bonfire'. At then end you will realise that all owners are NOT the same, some are a lot better than others and we are EXTREMELY lucky to have the chairman and Board that we have.

And like Titanic says the fact you are questioning 'why it's taken so long' to get a new ground is beyond belief.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Desert Orchid said:
Did he actually seek the truth? One call to the Football League could have told him it wasn't true.

Of course he did. I know some on here dismiss him as a bore, an old fart, a man in love with his own voice. They say he is too ready to listen to the opinions of old drunks he's never met before. They say here is a man who thinks he's an expert on every subject, a man who doesn't let the absense of any supporting evidence get in the way of his argument. They say he sees the worst in everybody except himself.

But this is a man who takes rumour and hearsay and spins it into a devastating critique of a bunch of crooks who have run this club into the ground by taking it over from Bill Archer bringing it back to Brighton overseeing three promotions and battling nimby's and uk planning law to provide a home capable of sustaining the club long into the future.

I know Ernest and FG will join me in thanking the lord that we have such a man on our side

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"puts head above the trench"

Brovian.

I have both books thank you...and Vinnicombe's books about Bamber. I remember the Krugers trying to buy in.. I have seen the likes of Wickenden, Bloom, Sizen, Bamber, that guy who owned NOBO, Archer, Stanley come and go.

My best mate is a former member of the Executive club who tells stories about dealings at the Albion in the past that would make your head fall off, like the treatment of Mullery the second time he was here( that is why he is less than complimentary about us)

If someone wants to put money into a club and "rescue" it then great. Thanks. Brilliant. Well done. Personally I have no feelings of negativity about DK or positivity for that matter.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
If someone wants to put money into a club and "rescue" it then great. Thanks. Brilliant. Well done. Personally I have no feelings of negativity about DK or positivity for that matter.

have I read that right? you have NO feelings of positivity for DK? The man who pretty much saved our club? The man who got us back home?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
[BIf someone wants to put money into a club and "rescue" it then great. Thanks. Brilliant. Well done. Personally I have no feelings of negativity about DK or positivity for that matter. [/B]

You ungrateful sod!

Personally, I think what Dick Knight, Martin Perry, Ray Bloom, Derek Chapman, Kevin Griffiths and Derek Alan have done for the club in the past seven years deserves as massive amount of admiration and gratitude from the supporters of this club.

:clap2: :ascarf: :clap2:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I have no feelings of negativity about DK or positivity for that matter.

Really?

(Not being anything other than curious)

1997 - About to drop out of league, about to leave ground for a few years playing at home in Gillingham (shit).

2004 - In the second flight, two championships and a trip to the national stadium for a successful play off final. Had some graet managers and very close to securing a new football stadium.

If you can't be slightly positive about that then I don't know what you expect from this club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I was grateful until they tried to charge me an extra two quid to pay my Watford ticket over the phone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here