[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm beginning to wonder if he has some sort of agenda with us. It's odd.

Since our last game against them, I've made a point of watching his post match interviews on MotD (a bit sad, I know, but hey ho). Whilst none of them exactly cover him in glory, equally, none of them have been as bitter as the two he's done after our games.

See the snide comment about our fans applauding a draw for example. He knows full well they were applauding yet another brilliant team performance, not the result. We don't fear the likes of those teams anymore. Fact!

So I wonder what his agenda could be? It's all a bit weird.

It’s not us.

He’s a serial complainer and misery after every draw or loss. Alex Ferguson-esque …. bitterness about officials or perceived injustices. Allardyce and Colin W@nker made careers out of it.

And he goes on and on. Guardiola and Klopp can be emotive on final whistle/during games, but bury the hatchet normally come interviews.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Chelsea fans attacking Brighton fans at Falmer apparently kids crying everywhere. Same old chelsea bunch of c...s

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What an outstanding display. Just fantastic. What a miserable, whiny, condescending #### their manager seems to be. What a contrast ours is. Brilliant night

What a complete cock he is.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Since our last game against them, I've made a point of watching his post match interviews on MotD (a bit sad, I know, but hey ho). Whilst none of them exactly cover him in glory, equally, none of them have been as bitter as the two he's done after our games.

See the snide comment about our fans applauding a draw for example. He knows full well they were applauding yet another brilliant team performance, not the result. We don't fear the likes of those teams anymore. Fact!

that's the crux of it , no more going out for damage limitation but still loose 3-0 but matching the top teams in the WORLD.... pinch yourselves and remember this.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

It can be explained by #Teamslikebrighton

to be fair to the Chelsea manager - he has a point (about players being tired etc) that chelsea have played 15 games since 1 dec- Weve played 9...i guess thats a "problem" we'll have to do in a couple of years when we qualify next year for the Europa League :)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sublime from Brighton today. Excellent showing against one of the ‘big’ boys of Europe.

Have to say though, what a **** Alonso is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It’s not us.

He’s a serial complainer and misery after every draw or loss. Alex Ferguson-esque …. bitterness about officials or perceived injustices. Allardyce and Colin W@nker made careers out of it.

And he goes on and on. Guardiola and Klopp can be emotive on final whistle/during games, but bury the hatchet normally come interviews.

Fair enough. Like I say, none that I've seen exactly cover him in glory, but after our games he seems to be particularly bitter. Probably just me taking much more notice of those particular interviews then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just feel sorry for the poor buggers that might still be around, that have been waiting since 1933. :)

We're just amateurs at the waiting game. :)

Ha ha, that’s true! Wonder if any Albions fans alive that remember that?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Chelsea fans attacking Brighton fans at Falmer apparently kids crying everywhere. Same old chelsea bunch of c...s

Sad to hear this. As I went past the away fans on the way out the police were on the lookout for a few Chelsea fans who'd been threatening Brighton fans over the segregation line during the match. Got the feeling they were concerned at it spilling out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but is there any mention as to why Alonso was booed all night? I was racking my brain to think of what he did at Stamford Bridge but I couldn't think of anything. Why pick on him?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Easily the better team and performance, made Chelsea look like Championship fodder (albeit with a couple of good players), not champions of Europe :lolol:

Well played Potter and the entire team :albion2:

They looked and played like Burton Albion

D

Deleted member 2719

Sublime from Brighton today. Excellent showing against one of the ‘big’ boys of Europe.

Have to say though, what a **** Alonso is.

I missed what has Alonso done? I saw him all over Tariq, but the fans were on his back early on.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
In all my years of being a Brighton fan i have always loved the players who although maybe not the greatest in the skill or flair departments have given their all for the cause and the team .The sort who wear their heart on their sleeve , express the joy of playing and you absolutely know are giving everything they have on the day .
That is why i am so enjoying this current team because i look across the pitch and increasingly see a whole team playing for joy and for each other and the manager .
What thrills me the most is that even players who may not be featuring on a regular basis are coming into the side and completely expressing the team ethic and dare i say Potterball !
The only thing i am sorry about is that there are still some obviously long standing supporters who cannot see this and my only wish for them is that the scales fall off their eyes and they enjoy the ride for who knows how long it will last and where it will take us .
To quote [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] (if i may) " so excited "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports