Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For me, what stands out is the performances of the lesser-sung members of the squad. If Lewis Dunk had played as well as Dan Burn tonight, we'd be demanding an England call-up. If Adam Lallana had played like Steven Alzate tonight, connecting play all over the place, we'd be marveling at his performance. If it had been Yves Bissouma being all over the place instead of Alexis MacAlister, we'd be praising him as one of the best midfielders in the league.

Which makes one wonder, how much are these performances the player themselves, and how much is it the system and tactics allowing them to perform so well.

Confidence is much underrated in the game. If you look at our recent performances and runs, I expect the team go out with a least a point mentality against everyone now! And why not?!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I’m tired of all that rat faced cocks bullshit. Football players are on mega bucks. Nurses and key workers work there guts out for a pittance. Man up Roland rat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Burn and Webster are good on the ball, unusual for very tall players.

I love that when a CB surprises the opposition and just keeps going.

If Southgate can get over his Mings (hopeless with the ball to feet) man-crush, Webster would be on the fringe of England caps.

4cc9197dd6a7d543a402216c4ce7473d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

To anybody that has fallen out of love with football/Albion.

I feel for you.

I love the Albion and every single part of the setup, I can not see a weakness that can't be tweaked.

We are living in a Potter wonderland.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Credit to Shearer now. Calling Tuchel out on this tired nonsense and the money they have in the squad.

Saying it exactly how it is. Wrighty now backing Shearer up too.

Tuchel's been found out. His players aren't happy and they're not performing for him. No surprise really, if post match interviews are anything to go by. The bloke seems like a complete and utter cockwomble!

Where did you see/hear this?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Credit to Shearer now. Calling Tuchel out on this tired nonsense and the money they have in the squad.

Saying it exactly how it is. Wrighty now backing Shearer up too.

Tuchel's been found out. His players aren't happy and they're not performing for him. No surprise really, if post match interviews are anything to go by. The bloke seems like a complete and utter cockwomble!

Squad cost - only Mancs x 2, Real and PSG have spent more.

Humourless Tuchel has riches beyond the dreams of almost every coach in the game.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
That run he went on from just inside their half, straight into the 6 yard box :bowdown:

Just pure power. The champions of Europe couldn't get near him, he just left them sprawling in his wake as he motored on. Fantastic stuff.

****ing great Harry, wasn't it?

Edit er... a bit pissed

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought we were superb tonight, especially the (entire) defence.

There were points last season where I didn’t feel Dan Burn was up to being our back up centre back but he’s been great of late.

Mac Allister and Moder are really benefitting from regular minutes now, and again I was concerned by a CM of Alzate and Gross but felt they were decent.

Now given that we regularly compete with the top sides can we PLEASE start putting some the Prem’s dregs away 2 or 3-0?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To anybody that has fallen out of love with football/Albion.

I feel for you.

I love the Albion and every single part of the setup, I can not see a weakness that can't be tweaked.

We are living in a Potter wonderland.

The EPL 2 wins and 3 draws have put a whole different perspective on things. Hardly anyone will be down in the dumps now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bloody love GP. We have a team who plays without fear and we just went to toe to toe with the European champions and from my perspective we were the better team. Such a humble post match interview too :shrug:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Fantastic performance from the fans tonight as well as the players I thought. Near constant singing and in West Upper sounded to me like the crowd was even more than the *ahem* 30,800 announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here