Aston Villa. Taxi for Lambert ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Lose against Bradford City and surely it is all over for Lambert ? Villa are away to West Brom next week and remember they gave Mick McCarthy his P45. You to wonder how such a club can get itself into a mess ? :wave:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The meter is running but he's not to blame for their current predicament. Another clueless foreign "investor" may have something to do with it?

I bet PL wishes he'd stayed put though.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Agreed and if he was also living in Norfolk and lets be honest north Norfolk is a decent area,why move and live in Brum ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Villa really struggling now, Stains really did themselves a favour there. I think they will stick with Lambert.. just.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't see the point in sacking him they're probably doomed anyway, might as well keep him for the Championship IMO. Give the young players some stability.

How a team like Villa has declined so rapidly is quite scary really.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
He wont get sacked as Lerner is not one to sack half way through a season.

As much as Lambert is getting alot of stick I myself put more blame towards Lerner. He has put very tight restraints on Lambert money wise and he has been stuck to work with them. This is a mess thats been brewing for 4 seasons when MON spent over 100million on shite players and in the process we put 90% of our turnover to our wage bill......Habib Beye on 40k a week? THink he made 7 appearances in the first time over 3 seasons for us....not a bad weeks wage.

We need investment and we need it badly if Lerner wants to stay in the Prem. With the what 30million increase in TV revenue next season its in his best interest to stay up.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lerner blew £200m on Villa, including £120m on media-loved ONeill's players such as Harewood, Delph, Reo Coker, C.Davies, Beye.

Now he's trying to run it as a business, and its heading to the Championship.

The youngsters cannot keep them up alone.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well done Randolf f***ing Lerner: you've managed to turn The Villa into the English Football equivalent of your thoroughly useless Cleveland Browns (now thankfully under new ownership).

The sooner he gets the Hell away from VP the better as far as I'm concerned. Eventual salvation for the club lies under new owners in the lower league(s) - 'cos they are definitely down & out now. f***ing useless Septic' wanker. :angry:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The meter is running but he's not to blame for their current predicament. Another clueless foreign "investor" may have something to do with it?

I bet PL wishes he'd stayed put though.

I disagree. I don't think he's fully to blame but he's treated his senior players very badly and put far too much pressure on unproven youngsters. I understand and appreciate him bringing through the young players but they need some guidance and steel which they sorely lack.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I disagree. I don't think he's fully to blame but he's treated his senior players very badly and put far too much pressure on unproven youngsters. I understand and appreciate him bringing through the young players but they need some guidance and steel which they sorely lack.

Has it occurred to you that many of his senior players are either injured &/or are quite happy to do feck-all for their horribly inflated wage packets? The only way Lambert can bring in quality & experience is if Lerner puts his hand in his pocket & spends the type of money that would be necessary to secure such players. He isn't, so they ain't ever gonna come. Consequently, they are relegation certainties. The End.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know another loss, to relegation rivals, isn't great, but reading the tweets from matt law and stan collymore made it sound like a mauling. Looking at reports it was a 1-0 loss to a questionable penalty (even Adkins seemed to be saying it wasn't a pen).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Has it occurred to you that many of his senior players are either injured &/or are quite happy to do feck-all for their horribly inflated wage packets? The only way Lambert can bring in quality & experience is if Lerner puts his hand in his pocket & spends the type of money that would be necessary to secure such players. He isn't, so they ain't ever gonna come. Consequently, they are relegation certainties. The End.

Well obviously it has. But he treated Bent with utter contempt from the moment he took over at the club. I agree that Lerner has done a stunningly poor job at backing his managers financially but he's not running it to be successful in a football sense, he's doing it for the US financial model. This will result in failure on the pitch and likely relegation. The only thing that can save them from relegation is 3 teams being worse. I very much doubt they have enough to do it themselves.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Mrs Gleeballs is also a sweaty sock. What she says doesn't get lost in translation although admittedly I do find myself switching off. Perhaps this is also a problem in the Villa dressing room

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Well obviously it has. But he treated Bent with utter contempt from the moment he took over at the club. I agree that Lerner has done a stunningly poor job at backing his managers financially but he's not running it to be successful in a football sense, he's doing it for the US financial model. This will result in failure on the pitch and likely relegation. The only thing that can save them from relegation is 3 teams being worse. I very much doubt they have enough to do it themselves.[/

Lambert obviously didn't approve of Bents attitude. Who's fault that is who knows. One things for sure though you ideally keep your best player on side. Lambert & Villa have lost out as a result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports