Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
87494545fb91b9ec1cce2259a947f47a.jpg

West Lower

I assumed for £1,600 it would cover a block from front to back

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It was about 1000% or more better than anything else that has been done, so no complaints from me about it as a principle, the flag itsself, or the people who organised and paid for it. Well done to them. After years of people moaning that something should be done, people them have a go when something is done!- dont like it- organise something yourself

CONSTRUCTIVE critic is a different thing from just moaning. Most of us here do not know what rules the club imposed on the flag- and as with everything, there are always lessons to be learnt.

It would have more impact if it was used closer to kick off, the fact that the banking makes it hard to read from ground level is not of the organisers fault, the first maybe a club or prem imposed-if not next time maybe it can be displayed after fanzone-but im sure people will be unhappy if its during the actual run out and GOSBTS

All in ll- well done to those who actually got of their asses and did something- Thank You

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It was about 1000% or more better than anything else that has been done, so no complaints from me about it as a principle, the flag itsself, or the people who organised and paid for it. Well done to them. After years of people moaning that something should be done, people them have a go when something is done!- dont like it- organise something yourself

CONSTRUCTIVE critic is a different thing from just moaning. Most of us here do not know what rules the club imposed on the flag- and as with everything, there are always lessons to be learnt.

It would have more impact if it was used closer to kick off, the fact that the banking makes it hard to read from ground level is not of the organisers fault, the first maybe a club or prem imposed-if not next time maybe it can be displayed after fanzone-but im sure people will be unhappy if its during the actual run out and GOSBTS

All in ll- well done to those who actually got of their asses and did something- Thank You

I agree to the well done to those that decided to oragnise it despite thinking it's tinpot - they achieved one of their aims - to get a flag across part of the ground. As for one of the other aims - i.e. improving the atmosphere, nope, didn't work.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
87494545fb91b9ec1cce2259a947f47a.jpg

West Lower

I assumed for £1,600 it would cover a block from front to back

No way, unless flag prices are very different over in the UK.

tifo-aik2-2016-960_580f9558ddf2b30de6722572.jpg

The flag in this tifo cost about £10k, maybe a little less. Tifo groups in Sweden, Germany and Poland usually spend £10k-20k per tifo, maybe 8-10 times every season (first game of the season, playing against rivals, celebrating a big signing or milestone or maybe a legend who got sick or died or something). £1600 doesn't get you far.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Which builders hut has it been stored in?

Mike90A

Dec 29, 2016
Out too early when hardly anyone were in their seats. Was gone by gosbts. People were too quick to get it along and gone, needs to stop behind the goal for a bit so it can be seen. Also no point starting it from the back under the box as when it gets to the screen it crumples as it drops 3 rows. Shame, could have been better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought the flag 'event' looked good overall, but from West Upper I couldn't read what it said, and the likeness wasn't clear. Maybe the North don't have the hand/eye co-ordination to shuffle a flag about? On the plus side it wasn't possible to see that Bob Il costruttore doesn't have his tie done up properly.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
My understanding is the the club wanted the flag put away for the minute’s silence. Bit of a shame it didn’t then return but overall, I’m a big flag fan and hope this is the just the start. Well done to those who organised. Next time a bigger one?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Had wondered whether the club interjected with the flag going out early in view of the one minute round of applause for the spurs coach who passed away.

Maybe overly sensitive by the club but with the game televised maybe they weren’t taking any chances about “respect”

Could well be wrong however

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My understanding is the the club wanted the flag put away for the minute’s silence. Bit of a shame it didn’t then return but overall, I’m a big flag fan and hope this is the just the start. Well done to those who organised. Next time a bigger one?

That's understandable. Unfortunately I missed it due to being stuck on the P&R. Let's see if we can do it later and slower v Forest :thumbsup:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No way, unless flag prices are very different over in the UK.

View attachment 152633

The flag in this tifo cost about £10k, maybe a little less. Tifo groups in Sweden, Germany and Poland usually spend £10k-20k per tifo, maybe 8-10 times every season (first game of the season, playing against rivals, celebrating a big signing or milestone or maybe a legend who got sick or died or something). £1600 doesn't get you far.

Who pays for these Tifo’s typically, fans and or club?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Thought the flag looked great, just a shame it had to be brought out early to avoid the minutes silence. Also seems like loads of people got to the stadium just in time for kick off because of the travel chaos, and so missed it, which wouldnt always be the norm. Anyway, the flag itself still looked decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here