Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Well done to those that organised it. Far better than anything else that moans on here has ever organised.

Constructive criticism though. Hopefully for the next one:

- needs to be 4 times the size. Cover the depth of the north stand chat.
- needs to come out at ten minutes before kick off and remain out until kick off or what’s the point?
- next design needs to be generic club colours with stand or fall on it.

But I don’t doubt the hassle with organising this so not having a g
o.

Oh go on!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tinpot.

Too small

North Stand not steep enough for others to fully see the flag

Out too early, and not seen by the manager.

If the aim was to give a welcome to the new manager a complete failure.

And we've lost ever game that the flag has been passed across the North Stand.

All correct, but at least it’s a start and hopefully we can take the positives, learn from it and move on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hi Clive here from the Fan Board.

Following on the back of my post about the atmosphere at the amex and wanting to show support to De Zerbi and the team. We (the fan board) are proposing crowdfunding for a "crowd surfing" flag to be passed over the North Stand (and other stands) for the spurs game hopefully many games to come.
A couple of questions

Do people think this is a good idea and more importantly, North stand season ticket holders do you want to pass this over your heads before the game?
The club has approved the idea and a 12m x 9m flag would cost £1,600

I have created a poll on https://www.facebook.com/groups/4941458157/ (Brighton And Hove Albion facebook page) with different options to vote on

If we want this for the Spurs game we would need to confirm the order by Friday the 30th so I am suggesting a couple of days to vote and a couple of days to crowdfund.

I look forward to hearing from you.

UTA
Clive
Please head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/4941458157/ to vote

Hi [MENTION=42236]1066cliv[/MENTION]

I agree with a few other comments on here. Why is this being rolled out with the ground 20% full? Needs to be done when the players are lining up. Understand if this was respect for the Spurs fatality but if this is what you had in mind you've wasted nearly 2 grand.

Greet the players and manager with it please.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rare to see flags in the PL... I'm thinking maybe they're not allowed to show it when the game begins?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rare to see flags in the PL... I'm thinking maybe they're not allowed to show it when the game begins?

If they're not (and I have no idea either way) that doesn't stop the flag being shown when the players come out / line up / break to get ready. Whereas we paraded it during fanzone. Which is utterly pointless.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hi [MENTION=42236]1066cliv[/MENTION]

I agree with a few other comments on here. Why is this being rolled out with the ground 20% full? Needs to be done when the players are lining up. Understand if this was respect for the Spurs fatality but if this is what you had in mind you've wasted nearly 2 grand.

Greet the players and manager with it please.

It’s exactly what happened with the flag at Withdean.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
For a start I thought it was suppose to be a giant and you could not see what was written on it. At least the fireworks had less smoke.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If they're not (and I have no idea either way) that doesn't stop the flag being shown when the players come out / line up / break to get ready. Whereas we paraded it during fanzone. Which is utterly pointless.

Yeah but if it is indeed the case it might be some rule about x minutes before kickoff.

Agree it is pretty pointless in that though

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'm in the North, yes have a pre match beer, get to my seat for/during GOSTS, asked people where the flag was, told it was gone. V strange

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So is it the Fabs flag, or the flag the FAB were told to launch by Barber, as was the pre match talk in the pub?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

If you wanted to do something like this - hours of crowdfunding, persuading, designing cos you support the club as a fan- how would you feel having read this thread. It’s too small, too expensive, too red, too early, too Italian, - you’re a stooge, actually you’re in league with Barber- ha bloody ha. .

Good grief.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tinpot but to it's credit not as tinpot as Fans Zone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Anybody got any photos (taken from the WSU maybe) of how the flag looked yesterday?

DE2496F2-CD1C-4A2B-B23A-64677253D486.jpeg

Attachments

• trim.F931020E-58E1-434D-99FA-F66D1BA6D83B.MOV
    4.6 MB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here