Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’d put a few quid in for another giant flag if design and wording was agreeable. Perhaps the club could match what the fans raised?

The money for this one was raised over one weekend, so its easily done. I would love to see us design and crowdfund some banners/flags similar to the Stand or Fall one which could be placed on the north stand back wall. A patchwork of flags would look much better than the blank grey space. Happy to use photoshop to knock up some designs if people wanted to do something like this.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
When it came out we thought, "theyre obviously doing a practice run so everyone knows what to do as its the first time" then it went back across the North and got folded away before the players came out and the stadium was 1/3 full.
We just looked at each other and pi$$ed ourselves laughing. The execution was so bad I thought Liz Truss had organised it

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
When it came out we thought, "theyre obviously doing a practice run so everyone knows what to do as its the first time" then it went back across the North and got folded away before the players came out and the stadium was 1/3 full.
We just looked at each other and pi$$ed ourselves laughing. The execution was so bad I thought Liz Truss had organised it

I don't want to be uncharitable because they actually got off their @rses and did something, but yes the timing was wrong. Hopefully they get it right next time...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The money for this one was raised over one weekend, so its easily done. I would love to see us design and crowdfund some banners/flags similar to the Stand or Fall one which could be placed on the north stand back wall. A patchwork of flags would look much better than the blank grey space. Happy to use photoshop to knock up some designs if people wanted to do something like this.
Shoot the Palace scum, with a picture of a seagull with a 12 bore blowing an eagles head off.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Any chance the flag can be lent to the East stand? Can it be rolled out from the back down to the front as the teams come out? I'm in the back row of the Upper and there is room behind the top row to lay it down to get it started.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought the flag looked great, just a shame it had to be brought out early to avoid the minutes silence. Also seems like loads of people got to the stadium just in time for kick off because of the travel chaos, and so missed it, which wouldnt always be the norm. Anyway, the flag itself still looked decent.

Is the minutes applause for their trainer the reason it went away early? Not some H&S BS? No idea, just asking (I missed it due to traffic).

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Is the minutes applause for their trainer the reason it went away early?
Obviously, yes. Would have been tactless in the extreme for The Italian Job flag to have been unfurled any later on. Unfortunate timing for the flagmakers.

Agree with others that a giant flag covering whole sections of the NS stand needs to be much bigger and should be blue and white.

More flags on the back wall of NS and elsewhere around the ground is a good idea. "Patchwork" is the right approach - gives ownership of the space to the fans and is less corporate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
4634.jpg

[MENTION=20122]Whitley Bayster[/MENTION] is right you know.

Just that one section with that weird looking gonk Staveley in it is way bigger than our De Zerbi one.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
More flags on the back wall of NS and elsewhere around the ground is a good idea. "Patchwork" is the right approach - gives ownership of the space to the fans and is less corporate.

The flags on the back wall all have to be put up and taken down each game. The club have helpfully put up a wire to make it a bit easier but its still a job. I'm assuming the reason they need to be taken down each game is because they cover some windows at the back of the North Stand as the ones in the South West corner are up all the time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The flags on the back wall all have to be put up and taken down each game. The club have helpfully put up a wire to make it a bit easier but its still a job. I'm assuming the reason they need to be taken down each game is because they cover some windows at the back of the North Stand as the ones in the South West corner are up all the time.

Could they not be incorporated into the patchwork so they could sit there permanently?

Around the windows?

Attachments

• North_Stand_-_Amex_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2634054.jpg
    North_Stand_-_Amex_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2634054.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 71

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any chance the flag can be lent to the East stand? Can it be rolled out from the back down to the front as the teams come out? I'm in the back row of the Upper and there is room behind the top row to lay it down to get it started.

Maybe it could visit all three home stands in turn, a bit like a Mexican Wave?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What happened to the flag?
I thought when we played Spurs the flag came out very early and then put away because of the tribute to the Spurs coach that passed away.
Honestly thought the flag would be passed along the North Stand before the match last night. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here