Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club have missed a trick!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive just braught my FA Cup tickets and the club have very kindly given the fans a £2 off the normal price!

Why didnt they just make it a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids and get the numbers in?

I dont think there will be much intrest for tickets at £22, especially when season ticket holders who have been watching mainly crap at home all season have to buy their tickets aswell!

I suppose they know what there doing :shrug:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
f*** that.

Why are our club so RETARDED when it comes to ticket prices?

(awaits the usual licker sob story about Wycombe having to agree to the prices bla bla f***ing bla)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
f*** that.

Why are our club so RETARDED when it comes to ticket prices?

(awaits the usual licker sob story about Wycombe having to agree to the prices bla bla f***ing bla)

It was only licker when Knight was in power. With Bloom in charge all people who support him are the correct ones

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
You're joking right? 22.50 for adults and 12.50 junior?

What a FARCE.

I went to Huddersfield, i went to Carlisle, and every other bloody game. Giving this a miss though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is that bracketed bit in your entry true? Do the opponents have to agree to the prices in cup replays?
Yes.

Dunno if that's the case here or not, if it is then it's hard to see how it's a "sob story", whatever that is even supposed to mean in this context, so much as having to follow FA rules. :shrug:

Shit price anyway.

JP20

Is that bracketed bit in your entry true? Do the opponents have to agree to the prices in cup replays?

Relatively speaking, yes they do. - If they can't agree then the FA decide.

Its to stop the possibility of cup minnows drawing a massive money-spinning tie away to a premier league giant, and then they suddenly drop their ticket prices to a fiver, and the big share of ticket money is lost.

I know Brighton are hardly a giant with an enormous stadium,
but...rules is rules.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You're joking right? 22.50 for adults and 12.50 junior?

What a FARCE.

I went to Huddersfield, i went to Carlisle, and every other bloody game. Giving this a miss though.

I got 2 adult tickets in the south stand block b for £22 each, I guess its the same 'discount' all over the ground?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's the F.A Cup though which means there will still be a healthy audience there in any case.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dont think there will be much intrest for tickets at £22, especially when season ticket holders who have been watching mainly crap at home all season have to buy their tickets aswell!

I don't think it's going to be as poorly attended as you think. Firstly, even at £24 attendances aren't as dire as people make out (it's very average for our division, which is impressive given our circumstances).

Secondly, it's against one of only two teams we've beaten at home this year.

Thirdly, Saturdays game was jam packed with action and back and forth drama (albeit with a side order of defensive cock ups). A rematch of a 4-4 back and forth encounter should sell well.

Fourthly, there's the chance of extra football for the ticket if it goes to extra time/penalties.

Fifthly, it could see the home debut of our new manager.

Five, imo, good reasons that ticket prices don't need to be £10 to get a crowd.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pity, we were looking forward to going if the tickets had been reasonably priced. Ah well, I shan't lose any sleep over it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The ONLY way there will be a good crowd is if it's the first game of an EXCITING new manager

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Went to the game saturday, and was looking forward to the replay, but not a chance at those prices!!!
Sorry, but the fact of wycombe wanting more money out of it doesnt really make sense. At a tenner a pop, fiver for kids, we could quite easily get 5k, and with tickets at £22 we will struggle to get half that!
Extremely pissed off about this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here