Pigeon Detectives x4
British Sea Power x3
Mark Morriss (Bluetones) x3

Quite a few others I have seen twice.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The Cribs 14, most recently on Sunday

At the Dockyard? Were they good? Tried to see them but the queue was massive so ended up going to see Maximo Park instead.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
At the Dockyard? Were they good? Tried to see them but the queue was massive so ended up going to see Maximo Park instead.

Yeah they were really good, I queued for about 15 mins and only just got there in time for the beginning of their set, the whole festival in general was a bit too crowded.

Would like to have seen Maximo as well, shame they clashed.

The Divine Comedy about 20 times
Lloyd Cole must be about 8 times (new album out pop pickers)
And then I'd pair up Steps and Elvis Costello five times each and I'd bet he'd be glad about that

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm a sound engineer and sometime tour manager Joe.

Nice. What was working with REM like? I met Peter Buck once sometime after they went boom and he still seemed like a really nice, grounded bloke. One of the highlights of my playing days was meeting Miles Copeland, who signed them to IRS, when he came to see our band.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Was having a discussion with someone about Iron Maiden just last Sunday. Saw them 6 times in 1980 (and 81), all with Paul Di'anno on vocals. I thought they were vaguely edgy back then as Di'anno's leather, denim and short hair (and alcoholism) image balanced out the spandex loon pants and poodle hair, which i always thought was w*nk. Lost interest when Dickinson arrived as there was no balance any more.

My claim to fame is I appeared on an Iron Maiden record before Bruce Dickinson (I was at the Marquee when they recorded Drifter for the B-side of Sanctuary).

There is no doubt that the contrast between Dianno and typical metal vocalists helped them initially. However, he blew his voice by too much drink and drugs and they started to cancel gigs. Dickinson may have been old school imagewise but his vocal range, onstage presence and songwriting took Maiden to the next level. What has been a tragedy is Dianno spending the last 30 years trying to live off the memory. Had Maiden not been ruthless their career could have stalled. Look what happened to Saxon who because of record company wrangles and band disputes didn't push on to further sucess like Maiden and Leppard.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
The Jam
Green Day
The Darkness (Mrs T's a Darkness groupie!)
We've also seen Razorlight a lot; we have NEVER booked tickets to go and see them but it seemed like every gig we went to they were the support band!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports