Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your end of season Mojo

Your end of season Mojo

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Much of this season has been disappointing. I was confident next would be better but with DeZerbi going that seems like more of a gamble.

Still it's all relative and midtable in the premier league is not to be sniffed at.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
6, and I consider that low.

largely as a result of today, as I was disappointed and annoyed - annoyed at losing to a feeble Manure, and wondering how much it might have been down to the timing of the announcement And how it might have affected the players.

but gathering that everything seems to have been resolved sensibly, and trusting the powers that be to make a good appointment, it’s likely to rise rapidly soon. I hate being in limbo with no one in control over the team matters, but if that has to happen, the timing couldn’t be better.

I suspect a new manager will be in place by early June.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Relegation form. We will be in the mix next season. Our European adventures have been overshadowed by terrible league form.

In Tony we trust

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

The blame for all of this falls with Bloom/Barber/Weir IMO.

Right from last summer, when we turned away from our deal with Kudos because of the release clause, to our failures in Jan. At a time where we had our best ever opportunity, we regressed.

And most frustratingly, it’s evident they haven’t recognised this going forward. That’s how RDZ sees it, and I’m worried other coaches might too.

I genuinely believe we will hear in the next week or so that our No. 1 choice for replacement has turned us down. Probably McKenna.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
First season I haven't stayed for the lap of honour..

I was going to.
But I was so disappointed at the events of the past few months, I just felt I had to leave.

I'll be back, and full of positivity.
But yesterday's performance and Roberto leaving, stamped all over what was left of my mojo.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No idea about mojo, but I've had that S&G song 'Bookends' playing in my head like an earworm for days "Time it was, oh what a time it was..."

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Our league performances in last few months show unless something is done we will be fighting relegation. If this is because of injuries a big concern 3 big players will not be available at start of season. With all the leavers have we still got a recruitment dept that is up to the job. We may all admire the potential of Barco Enrisco and Buonanotte but just not up to rigours of PL. The latter 2 just run with ball until they lose it and down they go every time they are tackled.. Welbeck important squad player but why give him a 2 year contract. We have enough very young players in squad to try to improve but now need to approach next season like we did few years ago and get in experienced players like Gross Propper and Veltman etc.Only have to look at Palace and Villa that There are good players in championship and also amoung relegation sides. I would start with Berkley of Luton.
Win or lose will of course be there next season but such a shame losing our best ever manager not because he has been tempted away but because he feels going backwards.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just cannot see BHAFC ever playing the football again De Zerbi had us playing season 22/23. That was Champagne and likely the best team BHAFC have ever had or likely to have before the squad was broken up and sold. I feel 24/25 will be a battle to not get relegated with a dour manager in charge. The excitement has gone

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I just cannot see BHAFC ever playing the football again De Zerbi had us playing season 22/23. That was Champagne and likely the best team BHAFC have ever had or likely to have before the squad was broken up and sold. I feel 24/25 will be a battle to not get relegated with a dour manager in charge. The excitement has gone
This is how I feel

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's no suprise to see all the clubs we sold our at the time best players to have done much better than us,there must come a time when if we have contracted top players we actually keep them and see how good we really could be,if not then what is it all for?

Our model has made us a solid EPL club,but is it ok to just be ok?

So it's a 5 from me 3 of which are in hope those out injured are able to get back on the pitch early next season with a few more additions,as for the incoming manager,it will be interesting to see a different style if nothing else,we were found out about 6 months ago but RDZ was unwilling to change our style of play using players who were generally either subs or U21s,no plan B made it a horror show last 10 games in all truth.
I'm genuinely gutted he left and it will take a while to not think of him as our manager but I wish him well and no doubt my wounded Mojo will start creeping back up once the fixtures are announced for next season

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
6 points from the last 10 games and a manager heading for the beach... mojo down the pan.

New manager appointment, exciting transfer action... and I will be buzzing again!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Would have been a 10 if this happened under Potter but expectations were higher and the injury crisis killed us so in the end we were hanging on. But still very happy.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
End of season mojo is 4 because we’ve had a very poor run at the end, coupled with dropping to 11th place, to a club that only came into existence 14 years ago, only adds to the disappointment.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I reminded my son of what I muttered every so often last season. We embarrassed opposition. We looked so so good and I feared that it would be the best we’d ever see. This season has been a big step down. Blame the club policy, blame injuries, blame European football. I don’t care.

Losing a manager that I really connected with is a blow but I was always fearful that he’d go. I’m now fearful that we will get a potter type personality. If we show something on the pitch then it will make up for the lack of passion off it. But I will miss RDZ craziness on the touchline.

I trust the board but also frustrated that we don’t always see opportunities to push on and instead stick to a static trajectory. I really hope that we’ve pulled a blinder in terms of our mega profits vs other teams struggled with FFP. That’s an opportunity and I’m hoping we grasp it but feel we’ll just sit tight and do what we feel is just enough.

I fear that some of our best assets are now past their best. Dunk, gross, veltman etc. a major rebuild is required with that and the losses we’ve had in midfield. I’ve never seen us rebuild in the numbers we need to right now so it’s unchattered territory for the club and fans.

I trust the plan but I need to see action to increase my mojo.

I also don’t want to be bullied by shit clubs on and off the pitch anymore. We need to make a stance very clear that if we don’t want to sell we simply won’t. I’d much prefer to have a disgruntled player sit out a season rather than sell because we feel forced to.

Ultimately. We had it so good and right now I can’t see it ever being that good again.

Do I fear relegation? I don’t fear it but I think it’s more possible now than it was 2 years ago.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The first half of that could well be right, we all knew these times would not last forever. The second half though is negative in the extreme, do you know who this dour manager is? Until we do, it is ridiculous to say that the excitement has gone :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here