Would you welcome a takeover?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I feel its time for Dick to take down those photos of Zamora with those medals and trophies and look out the window to see the future, its been great having him as a chairman in getting through what we have, but now we are in reverse and he is not helping in the slightest. I'm currently wondering whether Its only the fans who invest in the club and this Brighton fan called Dick gets to claim being the Chairman!.
Why did yesterday cost £25?, why has falmer reached another minor slip-up (again), why has a team come away from being 2 men up to lose by 1 goal less at home ?.Is it because the club has entered the Priestfield period where all we care about is money coming in rather than what really counts.....FOOTBALL!.

Mike Ashley runs to Dubai to help a club who've blamed him for all their historical problems, Dick is still talking about what happened 12 years ago as to why things wont change!

Dick wants glory?
Dick wants profit?

you decide.

ps this is a personal opinion which has be written at my own accord, if you don't like my opinons then using swear words or teaming-up with your cyber(geek) pals to over-raw the dabte is no way this discussion should conclude.
Its starting to become a serious matter especially now attendances are dropping and entertainment is bleak,

The Truth

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In all honesty I thought Dick Knight had reached his use by date a few summers ago when we had the McGhee fiasco, But unless there's someone out there willing to invest money in a club with no ground then I feel Dick will stay in charge until Falmer either gets built or goes completely tits up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why did yesterday cost £25?, why has falmer reached another minor slip-up (again), why has a team come away from being 2 men up to lose by 1 goal less at home ?

Because a football club needs money to survive.

It was not a slip up. It was announced at the meeting months ago.

Because were not very good at football.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

If that's how you think football works then i'd suggest you actually start going and paying to see what happens at the Withdean.
Being not very good at football is no excuse for losing to a team in the same division who have 2 men less and and even less intake than ourselves.
Performances in football can often reflect on whats happening behind the scenes of the club.

The minor slip-up was announced under a week ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It wasnt announced months ago. At the fans thing a few months back the club made some comments about how a few things needed to be changed to satisfy regulations and cut steel costs. It was dressed up as fairly minor. The main plank of what the club announced last week is a major change to the design, way above and beyond the changes required for fans concourses and steel.

I do think that it is maybe time for Dick to move on. Things are stale.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
in terms of a chairman Knight has been saviour to this club and i would support him until the time comes he said he will step down. The one main thing if he does leave is that the new chairman is someone with a connection to the club. Someone who cares about the area as opposed to a multi millionaire who sees the club as his toy, wich can have as much money ploughed into it as he feels necessary to win but looses the youth system etc that has been built. and then when gets bored sells the club up or lets go into administration

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think its time for him to go, but I would like to see some new faces on the board.

Perhaps some bloke with a towel on his head would be nice!

I don't see (and haven't seen) any hint of somebody interested in taking over from Dick Knight and show a willingness to invest the millions necessary to help get us back in the black since the Goldstone was sold. If some mega rich sugar daddy was interested I'm sure Dick Knight would welcome him with open arms as much as we would.

So, in your opinion Dick Knight is wrong to remind us that events of the last 12 years are still having an impact at every level with BHAFC? Personally, I'm glad he does continue to remind everybody-that way it may not happen so easily again.

Mar 13, 2008
I would invest but I only have £20.

Not much help really.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The problem is they also need fans, spectators, customers to survive. Charging the highest prices in the division for the worst facilities is driving away fans. If the average attendance drops again should we raise prices to squeeze the same amount from the fewer fans who turn up? :shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wish something would happen at the Albion because the way I feel at the moment my 35 year plus love affair with the club is at the lowest point it has ever been. I'd like to think it's just a few bad results making me feel like that but it's not it's the whole damn situation surrounding the club, The shit ground, the inflated ticket prices, the never having any money and the continual one step forward two steps back. All this "keep the faith " talk is not working anymore in fact my faith is diminishing week by week and rather than look forward to games I now find myself looking for excuses not to go. One other thing that worries me is just how many other fans out there feel exactly the same way as I do?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It wasnt announced months ago. At the fans thing a few months back the club made some comments about how a few things needed to be changed to satisfy regulations and cut steel costs. It was dressed up as fairly minor. The main plank of what the club announced last week is a major change to the design, way above and beyond the changes required for fans concourses and steel.

I do think that it is maybe time for Dick to move on. Things are stale.

I have to disagree with you, there is nothing in the application that the council discussed last week that wasn't covered, mentioned, highlighted and discussed. The club even mentioned the additional building for the city college in feb and that application hasn't even been lodged yet. The visuals since back end of last year have shown no grass roof and have also shown the stands being buildings in their own right rather than faced by bunding. Falmer Parish Council and Lewes District council have both been aware for a few months too.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It is widely known that the queue of dodgy Russian petrobarons, Gulf sheiks, American hedge-fund spivs and Chinese sovereign wealth funds who are dying, just dying, to buy BHAFC, but are being thwarted by Dick Knight's intransigence stretches all the way to Selsey Bill.

You can see the line of Bentleys on Google Earth, it's so long.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If there was a major investor waiting in the wings then we wouldn't still be talking about 'Falmer'. It would be the 'Insert name here' Community Stadium. The fact that the naming rights are still up for grabs suggests there is no-one out there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A takeover would be the best thing for this club,but obviously at this moment in time its near impossible.Mr knight has had 11 years of mixed reactions and i for one will be glad when he finally steps aside although thanks for the effort and time.

Once falmer is built we can build by getting propper investers who have ambition.Its been far to grim at this club for far to long.Had a few promotions yeah,but with severely poor financial backing.

onwards on upwards;)

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wish something would happen at the Albion because the way I feel at the moment my 35 year plus love affair with the club is at the lowest point it has ever been. I'd like to think it's just a few bad results making me feel like that but it's not it's the whole damn situation surrounding the club, The shit ground, the inflated ticket prices, the never having any money and the continual one step forward two steps back. All this "keep the faith " talk is not working anymore in fact my faith is diminishing week by week and rather than look forward to games I now find myself looking for excuses not to go. One other thing that worries me is just how many other fans out there feel exactly the same way as I do?
Its not just me then?

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
when i win the euro millions on friday i'll buy the club. worry not, gentlemen.

help is at hand

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to disagree with you, there is nothing in the application that the council discussed last week that wasn't covered, mentioned, highlighted and discussed. The club even mentioned the additional building for the city college in feb and that application hasn't even been lodged yet. The visuals since back end of last year have shown no grass roof and have also shown the stands being buildings in their own right rather than faced by bunding. Falmer Parish Council and Lewes District council have both been aware for a few months too.

Yesterday's programme refers to how last Feb the club announced they would submit a 'housekeeping application' for 'minor modifications'. Everything associated with this housekeeping application until last week had been dressed up to appear to be minor. The club then released the news last week of a 50% increase in floor space, spreading tons of chalk on adjacent fields and a an increase in the footprint of 7%. To my knowledge these SUBSTANTIAL changes were only dropped on our lap this week.

I have followed the Falmer thing reasonably closely....and I was a little surprised when I heard about these changes. To me these are big and significant changes. I dont have an issue with them per se........but I do think it is a little ambitous to suggest they are minor. That's all. It's like asking someone to look after your pet for a weekend and turning up with an elephant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports