[Football] Worthing fc

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fans of football want to go to a big match where there is likely to be atmosphere, it’s a bank holiday and it’s going to appeal to casual observer/band waggon jumper.

Sadly, for Worthing fans, if tickets go on sale to the general public, the general public are gonna buy them.

Sometimes it’s useful, Peacehaven benefited from bandwagon jumper’s when we got SIX times our usual gate when we played in the quarter final of the vase (luckily it was six times sod all so we all got in)

I think Enfield and Chatham fans have a problem with ticket sales, Chatham certainly do.

My boy wanted to go so I agreed to go with him, on reflection I’m pleased we didn’t get any tickets as we’re certainly “not worthy”

I’m sorry to read that you’ve got the ‘ump that people are joking on here, but this ISN’T a Worthing message board so to compare it to an Albion ticket fest is not feasible. Some on here will be blasé.

I think it’s safe to say that long standing football people on here that are familiar with the non league scene have every sympathy and certainly feel the disappointment that the proper fans will be feeling. None of us think it’s funny.
Good post mate, spot on as usual

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Did they HAVE to sell tickets online? Was it a requirement?

It seems that going old-fashioned and having a queue outside the ground for paper tickets would’ve worked better. I can’t imagine die-hard Worthing fans live far from Woodside, whereas the big game Charlies who fancied this probably wouldn’t have made the effort to queue up if they went on sale at the ground at some unsocial hour on a Sunday evening.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Playing devils advocate for a minute, I'm off to Seaford tomorrow and Eastbourne Sunday for 2 playoff finals and have been given sound advice from some great non-league thread posters on here re Kick-off times, parking etc...

Now, having never been to those grounds to watch football, should me and my mate stay at home tomorrow and watch Paul Merton ruin the English language on SkySports at 3pm, or pay our £8ish each to the clubs and watch live ??

Can I sleep at night if little Seaford Johnny gets locked out as the ground is full while I'm dodging any questions about 'where were you in 2014 when we did Rottingdean Village under 13's in the cup ? Probably yes

Not so much guilt Sunday as seen Newhaven 3 times this year and none of the matches were classed as 'bandwagon jumpers'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Playing devils advocate for a minute, I'm off to Seaford tomorrow and Eastbourne Sunday for 2 playoff finals and have been given sound advice from some great non-league thread posters on here re Kick-off times, parking etc...

Now, having never been to those grounds to watch football, should me and my mate stay at home tomorrow and watch Paul Merton ruin the English language on SkySports at 3pm, or pay our £8ish each to the clubs and watch live ??

Can I sleep at night if little Seaford Johnny gets locked out as the ground is full while I'm dodging any questions about 'where were you in 2014 when we did Rottingdean Village under 13's in the cup ? Probably yes

Not so much guilt Sunday as seen Newhaven 3 times this year and none of the matches were classed as 'bandwagon jumpers'
:lolol:
I doubt you will have any trouble getting into Seaford’s ground, hopefully they will have a decent crowd though.

My post was definitely in jest, I also gave you a thumbs up for your post on page 5 after you posted it.
I’m confused though at what point you are making to me though for taking the piss out of people buying a match ticket that may have never been to a Worthing game.
I am a non league fan though (not Worthing) and feel sorry for any regular supporters of Worthing that haven’t got a ticket.
Fair enough. Definitely seems I read the context of that wrong way, so apologies for that. The emotions of the last few days have probably (Ie definitely 😂) clouded how I've read some things on here and reacted without thinking more clearer in that instance.

Appreciate the kind words from yourself and from your post @Peacehaven Wild Kids. Also appreciate I am a bit close to this all to see the bigger picture of some posts on here and have been more protective of the situation because of it.

There is only certain amount they can hoard though, there is a very small amount that got through, and the recipients have included volunteers. If they are 'openly admitting' to it, is because they are helping people who have been going for years. This person who's mates have been going for years also missed out because random people got some, there should have never been a situation where volunteers weren't getting tickets, I don't know why it is a problem that these people purchased spares. With a lack of loyalty point system, I'd probably say that these people are best placed to hand them out.

To close the book on this end of Wednesday night - as mentally I want to try and focus on Monday now - Jack has again put it better than I would have.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair enough. Definitely seems I read the context of that wrong way, so apologies for that. The emotions of the last few days have probably (Ie definitely 😂) clouded how I've read some things on here and reacted without thinking more clearer in that instance.

Appreciate the kind words from yourself and from your post @Peacehaven Wild Kids. Also appreciate I am a bit close to this all to see the bigger picture of some posts on here and have been more protective of the situation because of it.

To close the book on this end of Wednesday night - as mentally I want to try and focus on Monday now - Jack has again put it better than I would have.
I did wonder if it was a misunderstanding, I appreciate this reply.
Best wishes to Worthing on Monday.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Enjoy the game - fingers crossed for a Worthing win 🍻

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

It’s completely different I’d say, there’s no chance either Seaford or Eastbourne would sell out, if there was I’d probably rather the ticket went to someone who supports the club, but they don’t get crowds like Worthing do. If the tickets are available for more than a few hours then everyone gets a chance. I just wouldn’t feel particularly comfortable taking tickets off people who go every week. I have given tickets back to clubs in those situations. I had a ticket to Salford in the Oldham away end, that my flatmate got for me, a young Oldham fan was walking around looking for a spare, so I sold it back to him and went in the home end. I wouldn’t want fans missing out because if it was Brighton I’d be seriously pissed off, like I think people on here who’ve got Worthing tickets would be if it was Brighton.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022

I have news for you - Paul Merton is otherwise engaged on Sunday.

boik

Is Paul Merton on Sky Sports now? Might have to start watching again!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Why is the final not played at a neutral ground. Am sure they would get 10k plus at a larger ground

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There are going to be some very, very wet puppies today @ Worthing.

Not this old dog though, I will be watching from the comfort of my dad chair, blanket over my knees and a glass or two of rum….

come on you rebels.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Did they HAVE to sell tickets online? Was it a requirement?

It seems that going old-fashioned and having a queue outside the ground for paper tickets would’ve worked better. I can’t imagine die-hard Worthing fans live far from Woodside, whereas the big game Charlies who fancied this probably wouldn’t have made the effort to queue up if they went on sale at the ground at some unsocial hour on a Sunday evening.
This had been far more fairer and provided the base for a full and frank exchange of opinions I had with the general manager on Sat lunchtime.

I began by showing him a text my mate sent me, his neighbour a lady in her 20’s with two children 5 and 3, was so ‘excited’ Friday night, as they’d got 4 tickets to the game on line, and they’ve never seen Worthing play before, despite living 10 minutes walk from the ground 🤷‍♂️

From the moment they won the semi last Sunday the solution was there.

Monday get a local printer to print the tickets.

Tuesday 9am put them on sale to season ticket holders and sponsors.

Wed 9am general sale at the Ground max 2 per person, have the box office open till 9pm, then same again Thursday at 9am till you sell them out.

4 per person on line has been a farce 😡

Thankfully with a bit of ducking and diving everyone I know who wanted a ticket has got one.

But win or lose today I hope WFC learn from the experience.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thankfully with a bit of ducking and diving everyone I know who wanted a ticket has got one.

But win or lose today I hope WFC learn from the experience.
In contrast, only one of the people I know and attend with regularly has a ticket for the game. A crowd of us are getting together at a Worthing pub to follow the game, and there will be many others doing the same all over Worthing, when ordinarily they'd be watching at Woodside Road. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports