Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean, What's Going On?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Storer68 said:
Never ever got 30,000 in Division 1. When prices were cheaper and access to grounds easier (ie no need for tickets)
So where is the evidence that we would get 30,000+ if we ever got into the Prem.

Mullers change the record.

If you don't like what we 're doing then go and support Chelski - they seem to be the olnly club able to throw money around now. even Man Utd are turning into a selling club!

:shootself

Storer, we did get 30+ in the 1st div and football was a different sport then. Hooliganism was a huge problem and kept alot of people away, and the goldstone wasn't the best of grounds to take kids etc. Mainly for trouble.
Football has now changed, its fasionable and an enjoyable environment in which to watch a sport. Clubs like Reading have more than double/tripled their attendances form the 80's. We are in the 2000's and people want to watch football. we will fill 22000 if we are in the upper part of div 1.

Spiros more or less says it all.

On the specifics of the Withdean seats, I think you'll find that the judicial review case is against the City Council, not the football club - alleging that they've acted illegally when they granted planning permission for the extra seats.

And I'm also under the impression that planning permission HAS been given for the Park & Ride. That's not the end of it, though. Because the new P&R site is on the public highway, the Council has to make a Road Traffic Regulation Order to allow the road to be closed to through traffic on matchdays. It may well be that this can't go ahead until the Judicial Review case is resolved.

And to all the doubters....

Come to the Fans' Forum on Wednesday 6 August at Corals Stadium and ask Dick Knight and Martin Perry all your questions.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why 22500 seats?

Cause 15,000 seats at £30 a go is the same as 30,000 seats at £15 a go, which is the same as 22,500 seats at £20 a go.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Why do people have to 'quote' more than they write when the previous posters comments are just above.

Beats the shit out of me...:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here