Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean, What's Going On?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just a quick question. As I have been away for a while, I haven't heard anything on withdean's expansion. Last I heard, it was one twat in Withdean blocking it, by objecting. Is it that or are the club using it as an excuse because they can't find the money or is it the council that are farting about because they can't find anymore park and ride sites.
Some tell me "whats going on!!!"....Please.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Forget it. Aint gonna happen.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
I asked the same question on here a few weeks ago, and got the same answers. But, when you look at things nobody seems to know. The Club appears to have moved away from the idea. Something does not smell right! Anyone going to Dick Tight's bullshit session may like to ask him the question!???

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why don't you go and ask him yourself?

Here he is. Dick Tight's champion! How can you see in those rose tinted glasses today Chappers? It's a bit dull out!

I have no interest in listening to Dick Tight and Martin Perry's bullshit, i have better things to do. I believed his lies in the past, none of them came true. £2 million of new money for players - bollocks, not one penny spent when Micky's compo is taken into account!

If you are such a fan of Tight's, what is going on with the extra seats then????

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
What exactly is he lying about? It's just proved extremely hard to acieve the goals he set ie. expansion at Withdean and a new ground at Falmer. The board have worked bloody hard and should still have our support.

Mullers, do you reckon you would have the skill and money to get us a new ground? If so, why don't you talk to Dick Knight about a take over plan?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mullers said:
Here he is. Dick Tight's champion! How can you see in those rose tinted glasses today Chappers? It's a bit dull out!

I have no interest in listening to Dick Tight and Martin Perry's bullshit, i have better things to do. I believed his lies in the past, none of them came true. £2 million of new money for players - bollocks, not one penny spent when Micky's compo is taken into account!

If you are such a fan of Tight's, what is going on with the extra seats then????

If you actually went to the Forum you could hear for yourself exactly why the seats aren't in yet. I won't be able to explain it very well and you'll just have a go because i don't really know. I'm sure Lord Bracknell will be able to inform you better.

I'm under the impression that going through the courts over the seats would sidetrack everybody from the real aim if getting to Falmer which i think is quite right.

What will be your reaction when Falmer gets built, i imagine something along the lines of 'oh its only 22,000 seats, we'll never win the Champions League with that' eh?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mullers said:

But that still doesn't explain why, if you've got all these burning questions to ask them, why you won't get off your fat arse and go and ask them. Surely it would be the best possible way to get answers, rather than asking us on here to answer for him.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Hey yeah lets spend loads of dosh we havent got, get the club into debt, then administration then bankruptcy as we have no assets!

Until we get Falmer we can only get free transfers, or pay a small transfer fee and then pay only average wages.

The extra seats would generate very little revenue to the club, i remember them saying that they would just about repay the cost of installing them. They are trying to do this so that more people can get to see the Albion at home each week.

I am glad that you have no time to listen to Dick Knight, the person who said at the time he didnt have a fortune, but still put in enough cash and attracted similar investors to keep the club going, get us back to Brighton, get promoted twice, just fail to stay up in Division 1 last season.

Threads like this make me
:censored:

angry

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
If you actually went to the Forum you could hear for yourself exactly why the seats aren't in yet. I won't be able to explain it very well and you'll just have a go because i don't really know. I'm sure Lord Bracknell will be able to inform you better.

I'm under the impression that going through the courts over the seats would sidetrack everybody from the real aim if getting to Falmer which i think is quite right.

What will be your reaction when Falmer gets built, i imagine something along the lines of 'oh its only 22,000 seats, we'll never win the Champions League with that' eh?

You know it will be, i've said so many times. Champions league? It wont even let us compete in the Prem. Even 30000 was not enough at the Goldstone, or are you too young to remember the glory years?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think that one was answered by Mullers yesterday - we need a 32,000 seater to be able to compete in the Champs League apparently.

Personally I'd settle for a 7,000 seater if we could get in the Champions league (as long as I was guaranteed a seat of course):D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mullers said:
. Even 30000 was not enough at the Goldstone, or are you too young to remember the glory years?

You could be going senile Mullers, we never had a full house (and that includes the 1st game against Arsenal where some tix were not sold due to a cock up) the whole time we were in the old div 1

Hard to believe but true

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes i am too young to remember the glory years. But it seems you are too old and forgetful to remember what happened in the last 5 years. A permanent stadium and a decent side that can compete ither in the Prem of the first is good enough for me but i spose that is what makes us different.

You should still get to the forum and ask Dick yourself though, you might even come out of it with a different view of him.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The club should now be concentrating on getting players and expanding withdean. Falmer is sitting in an intray somewhere. Whilst that is there, the club could start on the 2000 extra seats ( pushing the council more). Also apparently we don't have a full time scout. If we did that would take the pressure off coppell and the club wouldn't be so stretched on all fronts. At the moment its as if Falmer is taking up everyones time even though most of it is over for the time being, also, coppell needs to do all the scouting and enquiring by himself. Not good enough.
I have alot of respect for Dick but ne needs to make the whole set up more professional. That is a big problem when we try to sign players.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The same old tired arguments seem to get recycled again:

Complaint number 1: "Why doesn't Dick get his chequebook out and sign loads of new players?" - my recollection of him taking over is that he said he was reasonably wealthy but not with bottomless pockets.

Complaint number 2: "Why doesn't Dick stand aside and let someone with more money take over?" - who exactly? They aren't queuein up Queens Road to buy the club are they?

Complaint number 3: "Why are we going for a stadium with only 22,000 seats?" - if you look at the history of the club there is only one season (1978/79) when that wouldn't have been enough. Someone earlier stated (rightly) that we never sold out in the old div 1. The other thing to bear in mind is that Falmer is the only viable site and 22,000 is the largest viable size for that site.

Complaint number 4: "Where are the extra seats we were promised at Withdean?" - it's been reasonably well covered in the local press that one resident is seeking a judicial review. The other thing is that the club have always been pretty open that an extra 2000 seats would take a few years to pay for themselves. Why waste the effort on this when there is much more at stake with the Falmer application.

Please get real - this it the Albion you are supporting. It's supposed to be difficult and painful. No Russian billionaire is going to show up and spend 150 mill on us (and I for one am quite happy about that)

==stands back and waits to be flamed as a Dick Tight apologist==

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Blobby said:

The extra seats would generate very little revenue to the club, i remember them saying that they would just about repay the cost of installing them. They are trying to do this so that more people can get to see the Albion at home each week.

You remember wrong then. Perry said they would pay for themselves, and the other developments, with one year's additional gate receipts. Now, i don't know if what he said is correct, but he said it. If it is correct, by the time Falmer (or wherever) gets built, they should make a small fortune!:lolol:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Yes i am too young to remember the glory years. But it seems you are too old and forgetful to remember what happened in the last 5 years. A permanent stadium and a decent side that can compete ither in the Prem of the first is good enough for me but i spose that is what makes us different.

You should still get to the forum and ask Dick yourself though, you might even come out of it with a different view of him.

I very much doubt it! I've spoken to him before, and i don't like people with facial hair, and who need to tie their glasses on with string, so they don't lose them!:lolol:

Mullers said:
You know it will be, i've said so many times. Champions league? It wont even let us compete in the Prem. Even 30000 was not enough at the Goldstone, or are you too young to remember the glory years?

Never ever got 30,000 in Division 1. When prices were cheaper and access to grounds easier (ie no need for tickets)
So where is the evidence that we would get 30,000+ if we ever got into the Prem.

Mullers change the record.

If you don't like what we 're doing then go and support Chelski - they seem to be the olnly club able to throw money around now. even Man Utd are turning into a selling club!

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here