[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we didn't want to sell we would have said that already, shut the whole thing down. But we haven't, because £80m+ for Caiceido is huge, silly money.
We don’t want to sell, however we aren’t Man City, every player has a price at which we are forced to sell, because as you say it’s ‘huge’ money and the player wants to leave.

I don’t think the club want to sell in the slightest as they know Moises is an asset that’s incredibly unlikely to decrease in value.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent point but i was referring more to Moises going to Chelsea, i think if he went to Liverpool he may turn them into a Ferrari.
Exactly. TBH, I'm surprised they haven't come in with at least an enquiry. I'm sure they're not actually short of money, and they haven't spent much this summer.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We are holding firm.
Not one peep about a Caicedo replacement apart from the generic comment from RDZ about needing someone if he goes.
What will be going through the mind of Tony, David Weir and Paul Barber is when to set the deadline. It won’t be 31st August.
I expect we aren’t far off that deadline now.
A deadline to give ourselves time to do the deal and get in our targeted replacement.
Once that deadline is breached, no deal.

I wonder if the deadline was the start of the season, which is why the noise about Chelsea dreaming of him being presented at Sunday’s match has begun.

All speculation of course. If they sign Adams and Lavia, surely they can’t also splurge £100m on Caicedo with any pretence that they’re following FFP.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder if the deadline was the start of the season, which is why the noise about Chelsea dreaming of him being presented at Sunday’s match has begun.

All speculation of course. If they sign Adams and Lavia, surely they can’t also splurge £100m on Caicedo with any pretence that they’re following FFP.
Yes, could be.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have had a busy transfer window in the background, with very little fuss. Chelsea are dragging out a bid for Caicedo but that’s not our concern.
We have? A couple of average deals and a free transfer. Pedro was done before the window opened. Pedro apart have we haven’t upgraded which could be a concern.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Butted up against FFP like so many clubs - except those that just f***ing cheat!
Liverpool made a profit in the 2021-22 season. Their losses in the previous two seasons were £60M in total. They've sold £50M worth of player this window. They're not pushing up against FFP.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We have? A couple of average deals and a free transfer. Pedro was done before the window opened. Pedro apart have we haven’t upgraded which could be a concern.
You can only buy players within a transfer window. Pedro, Milner, Igor, Verbruggen all good signings that improve the squad. Adingra integrated into the first team squad likewise.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Think Adams will prove to be a really, really, really good signing. Instantly adds workrate, grit and energy to their spine. I'm certain by Christmas other clubs will be wondering why they baulked at 20 million quid.
I really hate Chelsea.

He had a pretty nasty hamstring injury last season, which I'm sure would have put a lot of teams off. Also his passing isn't quite top quality.

But for £20m, it does seem cheap.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Think Adams will prove to be a really, really, really good signing. Instantly adds workrate, grit and energy to their spine. I'm certain by Christmas other clubs will be wondering why they baulked at 20 million quid.
I really hate Chelsea.
So do i, went to Stamford Bridge a couple of times in the 70s when the Albion where playing some distance away.(could not afford to go) horrible fans.And some right nasty players.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
You can only buy players within a transfer window. Pedro, Milner, Igor, Verbruggen all good signings that improve the squad. Adingra integrated into the first team squad likewise.
Pretty sure 4 or 5 signings is about the average for teams who are successful the following season.
Any more or less and it's too much disruption or the squad stagnates, respectively.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Bit more than that. Pedro, Igor, Dahoud, Milner, Verbruggen - all improve the squad in their own ways IMO (at the moment, need to wait and see how they all bed into De Zerbi's system). Kudus TBC.

And then there's potentially promising youngsters - Atom, Mazilu - who I suspect could see Prem time this season.

And that's all before we consider players who've returned from loan, such as Adingra. We have a stronger, deeper squad today than we had when the window opened. And in terms of "first pick" losses, at the moment it's only Alexis and I'm not too concerned about that as I think we have youngsters who will develop well to replace him. If/when we lose Caicedo - that's a concern, not sure we have anyone in the squad who immediately steps up to that standard.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Jason Steele interview (from yesterday ?) playing out on Sky Sports News this morning asked about Moises.
Says he didn’t know anything but …
“All I know is He’s been training hard, every day as if nothing has been going on”
Yes, but why would you believe a (famously honest) actual player rather than a Twitter no mark who says he’s downed tools?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports