Where did you play your football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Newhaven rec for me. Jumpers for goalposts or the hockey nets when they were up. Those were the days when you just turned up and joined in the game that was going on - can't see that happening Today :( I must be getting old :( :(

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Down at B Hill football club for me, Burgess Hill Athletic v Southdown Rovers, those were the days.

Still living the dream on a saturday now ofcourse, which hinders me watching the Albion obviously.
Plenty of time for that when I retire and the boy is a bit older though.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Seagulls over Lewes said:
Neville Green in good old Lewes.

When the Italian student came over in the summer we set up a big competition with mixed teams and a cup and medal for the winners. All great fun until one of the students broke my ankle in a tackle which meant I spent the whole of the Summer Holiday in plaster.

:(

I too used to live on the Neville estate & play on Neville green from 1978 'til 1983 - the 40 aside games with the Italians were brilliant, apart from the skinheads coming up from the Landport estate to kick lumps out of them.................. :(

I looked at your profile & see that you're just 18 days older than me so we must have played in the same games? Could have been in the same class even! Spooky, eh?

Naturally my team would have whupped your team...............:p

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
unfortuanately i was born in guildfrod. luckily i lived in a road onto which the old victorian hosiptal backed onto. only a couple of depts were kept open so me and mates had the whole carpark to play in (give or take a couple of cars). one of the best things about it was it had an old fashioned security guard who would turn up once a week and say things like 'oi you lot 'oppit'

classic matches

match abandoned when mate's sister fell out of tree and broke both arms

kicked ball through window. although with adult hindsight i now realise the building was probably some kind of disused out house, at the time had visions of brain surgery being interupted by ball crashing in through window

ahhhh wembley :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports