Where did you play your football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
The children of the 60s/70s thread got me thinking about playing football when I was a lad.

We used to play for hours in Dyke Road Park, and occasionally over the fence on the Grammer School playing fields (at least until we were chased off by the groundsman).

We used to have massive games with seemingly everyone locally playing.

Occasionally we would play on the bowling green until evicted by 'parky'.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
That's right next to where I used to and sometimes still do play.The fields at BHASVIC.Perfect for football especially when the goals are up.

Had some great games of "Wembley".

Last edited:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Hurstpierpoint, Fairfield rec I think, played there man and boy etc etc.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I used to play for Cuckfield Cosmos and then Haywards Heath Youth.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Always played our footy at Coldean School playing fields, Jumpers or stolen traffic cones for goalposts!
Or over at Stanmer Park when we wanted proper goals! :clap:

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Seaside Recreation Ground - a true field of dreams...

Great days of 'World Cup' tournaments with occasional proper games when enough of us turned up...

Great days, great days...

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
fox & hounds pub in small dole talbe football is cool:lolol:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Buckingham Park, Shoreham. The goalposts are taken down in the summer but it's still good for a game of wallball, World Cup or a good ol' kickabout!
:)
If you ever seen a kid in an Albion shirt playing football there, there's a good chance it'll be me!
;)

Queens Park in Brighton, we sometimes used to play on the bowling greens and then had to leg it when the parky came by!!!
Also used to play on a green on the corner of Cobden Rd and Islingword Road near The Constant Service pub. Happy Days!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Played for Burgess Hill U-16s.

Went on to play for Cuckfield in the Sunday league, as I watched the Albion on Saturdays.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Neville Green in good old Lewes.

When the Italian student came over in the summer we set up a big competition with mixed teams and a cup and medal for the winners. All great fun until one of the students broke my ankle in a tackle which meant I spent the whole of the Summer Holiday in plaster.

:(

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Seaside Recreation Ground - a true field of dreams...

Great days of 'World Cup' tournaments with occasional proper games when enough of us turned up...

Great days, great days...
That's in Eastbourne by the way - Safeway knows what I'm talking about... :)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Southwick rec for me.

Also good for football tennis and getting busted for possesion of minute amounts of ganja by plain clothes policemen.

:smokin:

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Kick arounds on Sullington Warren, not ideal for football as there are loads of rabbit holes on it and it sags in the middle, failing that it was the Rec in Storrington.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Ah... Saltdean Park. Saltdean Kids Rovers against the Foreign Student A.C. on the warm summer evenings. Intense affairs, heightened by the arrival in the 80's of 5-a-side goals to Saltdean Park. My first taste of European competition... Though I expect there is no dog shit in the San Siro centre circle.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I used to play for Coombe Rovers and for many years our home pitch was at Wild Park, we trained at Falmer School.

They were good pitches at Wild Park, are they still in use.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Master Seagull said:
Buckingham Park, Shoreham. The goalposts are taken down in the summer but it's still good for a game of wallball, World Cup or a good ol' kickabout!
:)
If you ever seen a kid in an Albion shirt playing football there, there's a good chance it'll be me!
;)

Same for me, not quite as good in the summer without the goals (obviously), but always plenty of room to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports