Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Helicopters, also seen as The Helicopters, were a new wave music group formed in Perth in August 1980 with the line up of Deidre Baude (aka Deidre Baude de Bunnetat)[1] on lead vocals and bass guitar; Kevin Rooney (aka Kevin Kavanah) on drums; and Peter Stafford on lead guitar.[2][3] In April 1981 Stafford was replaced by Phil Bennett on vocals and keyboards; and Tony Thewlis on guitar.[2] A track, "Tag Along", was included on the West Australian compilation album, West, released by radio station, 96FM, in 1981.[4][5] Initially the band played cover versions of United Kingdom groups: U2, Altered Images, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.[2]

From Wikipedia

Discogs ...

You beat me to it. I believe they have a new album out (or maybe it 's a reissue)
Just googled and the band I meant are from Sweden ... oops

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Helicopters, also seen as The Helicopters, were a new wave music group formed in Perth in August 1980 with the line up of Deidre Baude (aka Deidre Baude de Bunnetat)[1] on lead vocals and bass guitar; Kevin Rooney (aka Kevin Kavanah) on drums; and Peter Stafford on lead guitar.[2][3] In April 1981 Stafford was replaced by Phil Bennett on vocals and keyboards; and Tony Thewlis on guitar.[2] A track, "Tag Along", was included on the West Australian compilation album, West, released by radio station, 96FM, in 1981.[4][5] Initially the band played cover versions of United Kingdom groups: U2, Altered Images, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.[2]

From Wikipedia

Discogs ...

Thanks, still can't find the song anywhere online, which seems strange and it isn't the same song as the reggae one posted.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Okay, the hype has got me. I love these bombastic primates who’ve dug around in the drama club dressing up box. Give it a go, but especially if you like Sparks, Suede, stuff like that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Found this, but that song isn't on it. Maybe they never released it?
Interesting that Tony Thewlis from the Scientists was in the band. I love them.

They play it on my my local radio station, it must have been issued in some format I would have thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here