Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were the "house names" in your school?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
my mrs reckons it was 1973 that Westlain and Stanmer became Falmer.

As she went to Westlain in 1972

She's right.

73/74 was my last year in the Upper 6th and the 1st year of the 'new' falmer. it was complete chaos. I sahould sue as it didn't do much for my A level results but i revelled in the anarchy!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've only read the first post so no idea if there's a binfest going on. But I'll add:

Spartans (Red)
Trojans (Green)
Greeks (Yellow)
Romans (Blue)

I was a Spartan in this arrangement at Findon Vale first and middle.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
My memory's hazy but confirmed what I thought about BC junior - I was in St Andrews.

Before that I was at Queens Park which I think was just colours.

When I went on to Thomas Peacocke I couldn't be bothered at all with the whole houses thing. There was definately one called 'Rother' but I can't remember any of the others.

Hello Sully Couldn't Shoot, The Real Hans Kraay & North Stand Nutter

Captain of St Andrews and Head Border 78-79 here. The height of my authority. I was in Aldrich 79-84. Royal Blue was our colour. Still have my house towel bizarrely.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Captain of St Andrews and Head Border 78-79 here. The height of my authority. I was in Aldrich 79-84. Royal Blue was our colour. Still have my house towel bizarrely.

I may have been in the year ahead of you - left the Junior School after 77-78 (bloody hell - it just doesn't seem like a long time ago!). Was Gordon Smith (the man with the improbable hair plug implants) still Headmaster at BCJS when you were there?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
St Pauls Haywards Heath, The names are places St Paul visited

Damascus
Valetta
Corinth
Lystra

some years had rome aswelll

Alas no more, now known as St Pauls College Burgess Hill. Don't remember the Rome thing but must have been after my time there (class of 79).

Primary was Manor Field and that was (I think) Braille, Newton, Swartzer and Barnard (heart guy)

Seagull Stew

At Westerleigh prep school in Hastings there was

Lions (me)
Tigers
Panthers
Antelopes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here