Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Completely addicted to a book called "Marching Powder" at the moment, a real life story of an English smuggler being imprisoned in La Paz in Bolivia.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Mighty Dead, Why Homer Matters. Adam Nicholson.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Starter for Ten - David Nicholls. I never had any desire to read this book, but the other half thrust it my way after she'd finished with it and I can honestly say that, of the 253 books I've read in my lifetime, this is right up there near the very top of the pile. Very amusing read. Highly recommended.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just finished reading Michael Lewis 'Flash Boys'. Lewis is the DOYEN of documenting the scumbags and (relatively) good guys on Wall Street in recent times. Slightly over-rated IMHO. Think he generally tends to over-egg anybody who he interviews as the good guys and dismisses the generic guys he doesn't interview as the bad guys.Very good read nonetheless :thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Oxford Handbook Of Criminology

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Just re-read this anti war classic after 30 years. More powerful than I remembered.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just finished reading Michael Lewis 'Flash Boys'. Lewis is the DOYEN of documenting the scumbags and (relatively) good guys on Wall Street in recent times. Slightly over-rated IMHO. Think he generally tends to over-egg anybody who he interviews as the good guys and dismisses the generic guys he doesn't interview as the bad guys.Very good read nonetheless :thumbsup:

He's a good writer though: all his books are excellent.

His best book however is his first, Liar's Poker, it doesn't rely on any interviews and just relates his experience working for Salomon Brothers. It's funny but very informative at the same time

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
King & Maxwell by David Baldacci.
I'm racing through it. Some of Baldacci's books are excellent

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Half way through this and rather impressed. Had not read anything by him but Stoner before (which I love) and someone on here suggested this was better. It might well be...

image.jpg

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The Strategic Air Offensive, vol 1. As with many academic types of read it is not very engaging but it is informative.

So, as usual, I am reading another book (OK two books) on a the same subject. Bomber Barons by Chaz Bowyer and Bomber Commander by Francis Roy Chappell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here