Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
Just finishing Creole Belle - James Lee Burke (Probably my favourite author and this is ,again, excellent) whilst starting The Kindly Ones - Jonathan Littell. (Which is pretty bleak but fascinating. You feel like washing your hands when you put it down)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just started London Belongs To Me by Norman Collins. It's about a group of people living in the same house in London on the verge of World War Two.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Finished The Secret Olympian , Sussex CCC The Longest Journey & Jeffanory (The Jeff Stelling one) within the last few days

Currently reading Stone Roses: War & Peace at the moment :) really enjoying it

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just started London Belongs To Me by Norman Collins. It's about a group of people living in the same house in London on the verge of World War Two.

About half way through this. Great story and captures the history of London at this time perfectly.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Nelson Mandela, the early years. An enlightening read that demonstrates that he was a long way from the saintly figure he was purported to be in his latter years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Irvine Welsh's SKAGBOYS (prequel to Trainspotting) is fantastically addictive. 480 pages in out of 580 but, yeah, not hooked, I can handle it...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just finished The secret Footballer, not bad not that exciting though either. Any one know who he is yet ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm reading Enter Night: The biography of Metallica by Mick Wall.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Just finished David Mitchell's autobiog which was surpisingly good. Love all the books by the other David Mitchell as well as it goes

About to delve into the mantel bring out the bodies

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Elements of Eloquence: How to Turn the Perfect English Phrase, by Mark Forsyth. Not a storybook, but I'm really enjoying it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just finished To the River by Olivia Laing. A journey along the River Ouse from Slaugham to Newhaven - and very evocative for passing through places I have lived in at various points of my life.

One of those travel books mixed with history, culture and wildlife - lots about Virginia Woolf (not suprisingly), the Battle of Lewes, dinosaurs, Piltdown Man, wildflowers and more.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Terry Pratchett - Raising Steam. Will be following this with Dick Knight's tome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here