Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Finished :
Fabrice Muamba : I'm still standing - didn't find out anything I didn't know already from watching the ITV documentary but still an enjoyable read.
Simon Goddard : Ziggyology - very enjoyable read this - follows the ideas and bringing together of Ziggy Stardust right from the start of the World.

Currently reading Faithful: Two Boston Red Sox Fans Chronicle the Historic 2004 Season - decent read considering I'm not really a baseball fan.
Finished reading that and massively enjoyed it too , now for Open :Andre Agassi a couple of chapters in and interesting to see the thought process of a sportsman who didn't really enjoy it.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Bosworth,the birth of the tudors by Chris Skidmore
very interesting read. if it was a novel it would be written off because the plot would be regarded as unbelievable.the war of the roses had everything that a good blockbuster requires.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just finished the latest Stuart Mcbride now reading Bring out the bodies

XYZ123

Mar 23, 2013
Let us expand the topic slightly. Compile a short list of 10, or so, novels that you personally feel are your 'favourites'. A tough task no doubt, however, i'll go first.
PG Woodehouse - Code of the Woosters (There has not been and never will be anything that comes close)
Martin Amis - Money
Salman Rushdie - Satanic Verses
Kigsley Amis - Lucky Jim
Ian McEwan - Solar
Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Milan Kundera - The Joke
Joseph Heller - Catch-22
George Orwell - Coming up For Air
George Orwell - 1984
And finally some undecided piece by Henry James perhaps.

Discuss....

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Let us expand the topic slightly....
<snip>
Discuss....

I think this thread has worked pretty well as it is for over 1300 posts...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've started getting back into reading fiction lately, because these last few years I've outgrown teen fiction and have been too busy studying. Now I'm starting Lord of the Rings, having just this week completed The Hobbit. A great book, written in an easier-to-read style than I anticipated.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Adult by Joe Stretch. About growing up in the nineties. Great humour and worth a read.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tutankhamen Case Reopened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here