Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"Dead Tomorrow" by Peter James. I got interested by googling Arco Dee (dredger) a regular in Shoreham Harbour,

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I am reading 3 (all electronic and they are all on different devices)

Inferno - Dan Brown - Pile of shit so far but this is what I expect from Dan Brown and he never disappoints.
Stalked - Allison Brennan - not very good
Excel 2010 for dummies - says it all really.

Free downloading is really broadening my horizons with just how much shit actually gets published!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Whilst looking through some still unpacked boxes from the UK, I discovered my old copy of Tschiffely's Ride, by Aime Felix Tschiffely.
I read this book as a teenager and found it impossible to put down, a must read for horse and adventure lovers.
I have started reading it again and am finding the same reaction.
This is an event which I believe has never been recreated or tried again.
I am a bit too old now I supposed, but would love to approach the Discovery Channel and see if they would finance such a trip and send a camera man etc. to cover a trip with me.
I have a lot of equine knowledge and like to take risks, it would be fascinating and I think would make a good program or series.
I read real books, gives me a proper feel for the content, can't do with those electro ones.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Elric of Melniborne - Michael Moorcock. Last read Moorcock 20 yrs ago when in my teens.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
'Stoner', by John Williams.

Also about to re-read (for a book group) Wilkie Collins' superb 'The Woman in White'.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just about to start reading this.

51ye5n14NrL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,5.jpg

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Warhol's World

A photo essay published to coincide with his 2006 retrospectives in London and New York

A good insight into the Factory and Studio 54 culture of the time, and all in glorious B/W

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists - Robert Tressell

I may be 100 years behind in my reading, but it still seems relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here