Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Just finished Nick Cave's book The Death of Bunny Munro bought in excitement after getting tickets to go and see him. A goodish read. He's maybe not the best writer but it is based in and around Brighton, so lots of places to recognise, and the main character is entertaining.

Just started Parades End by Ford Maddox Ford

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I've got two on the go at the moment -

NEUROMARKETING: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain
&
Private Berlin by James Patterson.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Even the Dogs - Jon Mcgregor. What an incredible writer that man is. Also indulging in a large slice of Margaret Attwood - impressed so far (Oryx and Crake)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Nick Harkaway's The Gone-Away World - his debut I think, though I only discovered him by accident after reading Angelmaker recently. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Executioners Handbook almost finished moving onto a Prof David Wilson Hunting Evil TheSuffolk Strangler all part of my prep for my Criminology Degree !! Excited.com

Bruce - Peter Ames Carlin. No, not about Britain's most beloved light entertainer (possibly) but about the one from New Jersey that you may have heard of. Long book (p336 and I have just got to the "Tunnel of Love" era), very detailed about his early live and the genesis of the E-Street Band. Despite the length I have stuck with it and am enjoying it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have just finished Robert Goddard - Fault Line, good read with a decent ending

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Finished:
Seven years with Banksy - Interesting but mostly the Authors time and career with brief Banksy sidenotes.
Hunger Games : Catching Fire - Ok I guess, not as good as the first one mind.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone feeling the love for Gone Girl? A captivating page-turner with more twists than a Glenn Murray contract renewal negotiation. Best book I've read in a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here