Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great book in my opinion. I'm not generally a fan of thrillers or this type of book. But thought it was fantastically written. Read it in one sit.

Not one he rates as one of his best either. After finishing it I read The Ghost by Harris (after seeing the Ewan McGregor film on TV the other week). Was a good read.

Currently reading The Book Thief (after it was mentioned somewhere above on this thread)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Not Dead Yet - The latest from Peter James

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Justin Fashanus Biography

Wow , knew part of the story but didn't know the stuff around the Forest era!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Young kids don't do much for reading opportunities, but just got back from holiday where I finally read the Lance Armstrong book, The Hunger Games (both very good), and War Horse to see what all the fuss was about (not bad, kids book really).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Dead Simple - Peter James

Got it free with his latest book. Haven't read any of his before, but got attracted by the cover when I saw it in Smiths in Reading.

50% through and really enjoying it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A friend of mine said the party scene is excellent. I am half way through. Just finished part one. I will be sad when I've finished it.
I wonded if anyone has tried to make a film of it.

There's a Yugoslav film from the 70s, but I've never seen it.

There was a stage version of it in London a few months ago - must be a pretty hard novel to stage, I'd like to have seen that

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just finished 50 shades of Grey, now starting 50 Shades deeper.......I was born with testosterone, but my other half has beaten it out of me :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Bandini Quartet by John Fante. You can see how he was such a big influence on Charles Bukowski.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Final Score: Soccer Trial of the Century by Hans Segers, Mel Goldberg and Alan Thatcher

a short read covering the famous betting scandal of the 90's , was fairly in depth , as much as a book could be I guess.

and
Graeme Swann: The Breaks are Off - My Autobiography

Rather enjoyed it , still being somewhat of a cricketing novice some bits went over my head but very funny in places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here